Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
KYA
State
Central
Research and development are two areas that need emphasis to develop better drugs for the treatment of fibromyalgia. A recent drug, Savella (milnacipran) is being used to treat FB with excellent results. It acts by raising brain levels of serotonin, the stress buffering hormone and norepinephrine which boosts focus and energy. A patient on Savella has to reduce the intake of other drugs that raise serotonin otherwise it has few contraindications. The other drug known nomenclaturally as gamma hydrohydroxybutyrate or Xyrem stimulates deep sleep and the patient wakes up feeling much better.

Interesting. Umm I gather GHB is a pretty dangerous street drug with potentially severe side affects and definitely not to be mixed with many of the drugs routinely prescribed for fibro like opiates,muscle relaxants and anti depressants even when medically prescribed as Xyrem.

I wouldn't touch it personally.

Do you have fibromyalgia remnant?

Last edited:
I have heard about Savella, but if I recall right that medication comes with a really long list of side effects. I'd not touch that one, not even if I was really desperate... it sounds awful (if my memory doesn't fail me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back