DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
FL
Does anyone use bullet journaling?

I am the type that I HAVE to write things down or I forget, even seconds later. I had been trying to keep a paper planner because the physical act of writing helps me remember, but I couldn't get the planner to conform to what I wanted and needed.

I just started a bullet journal this month, and things are SO much better! The fibro fog is still there and just as bad, but because of the bullet journal, I have one place and easy access to all the information I need on a given day, including personal information, symptom tracking, bills, and anything else you can think of! It's wonderful!

I've been trying to be more organized as I have notes on pieces of paper in the 2 areas I read or watch tv. Like you, writing things down helps me remember things, but not for long. I can't seem to remember much at all. I need a notebook or something like it to keep like notes together so I don't have to shuffle through piles of little pieces of paper! I like paper rather than the computer. I often wonder if my poor children will have to toss out most of what I have spent my time on! GET IT TOGETHER is my mantra. Sigh.

You should check out bullet journaling. Very simple, streamlined, all in one notebook, and very effective (at least for me!). If you go to the bullet journal website, there's a video about the simplicity of the original process developed by Ryder Carroll. It has been effective for me because it was what I was already trying to do in my planner. It doesn't work for everyone, but you said you like pen and paper, so it could be good for you.

I use a very similar system, though I use fewer kinds of bullets. I kind of made it up back when I was in grad school a million years ago (ahem). Over the years I've used it off and on. Now that I have fibromyalgia I find I really need it at work, even to remember things that came a short while ago. It really does help me stay on track.

The other thing I do is always thank people for reminding me about tasks.

The other thing I do is always thank people for reminding me about tasks.

I always try to do that, too. Before I was diagnosed, I would get frustrated because my wife would have to constantly remind me of stuff. Not that she didn't think I would do it, but because she knew that if I didn't have it written down, I'd forget. I didn't always take it that way. My new system works better, and since I'm able to stay on track better, I can take her reminders in the love in which they're intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back