Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
I no I've said this before .infact there was quite a thread on it. But my legs are stupid with pain.and it's getting to me alittle. So instead of sitting here moaning ,I'm going to ask for some tips .we can share..
I don't have a bath sadly.
The one thing that would work is an axe ,in don't have one of these to.
Heat pack take my mind off alittle because it to bloody hot .😜Gels don't touch me.
No one to rub them for me .so I'm getting desperate.stairs are now getting hard.seem more like a challenge these days.
See I'mMoaning again lol

I here ya, I don't have a tub either. My legs are always in pain and feeling like jello. When I walk it is so hard and hurts. I have not been able to walk for a few months due to feet problems so I went back to the YMCA today and did a mile in 31 minutes but the rest of the day I spent in bed........it's crazy. I can work out walking but then I pay for it.

Getting little one to shcool today was rough..all I can do today is stuff in the house ,which is a shame as we don't get many nice day in the uk.and today's nice.sucks.

Aww, I'm sorry your legs are being such a "pain".

My legs are one of my biggest problems too. Sometimes I go outside and just sit in the sun and let the heat beat on them. Moving them definitely is better than not moving them.

What if you put warm wet towels on your legs? Like a heating pad but with the moist element. Maybe fill up a bucket of warm water and epsom salt and soak a towel in it, then wrap on each leg. I think I actually might try that myself tonight.

Also, I've been thinking about these leg contraptions my aunt had, that helped circulation in her legs. I can't think of what they were, but something like those that had a "massage" mechanism in them would be awesome. I'm going to research that!

Are you talking about compression stockings? My mom wore them for years, even after varicose vein surgeries. Now I wear them once in awhile, esp. traveling--which I don't do much. They help my legs from swelling when they have to be down in a sitting position. Also they help some with the pain.
Forgetmenot, have you tried magnesium? I use a powdered form, "Natural Calm". It helps loosen the tight muscles and stop cramps too. In my reading I've found mag. also helps with nervousness and anxiety. In the US Dr.s are always pushing calcium but most of us are very low in mag. Taking Malic Acid with it really helps FMers to absorb it better.

Yes, compression stockings!

I agree with the Magnesium, I'm taking Magnesium Malate pills after each meal and it does seem to be helping.

I seem to be having more trouble this summer with leg pain and weakness. Wondering if the very hot temps and humidity are making things worse this summer, as I do much better on cooler days. The compression stockings can be a bit much and hard to put on but I have used knee high stockings and socks that give more support to my lower legs. Also sitting down with legs up on a stool or in a lounge chair can help. You might trying soaking your lower legs in a bucket and add ebson salts to the warm water. Anyone else with ideas please share. :)

Lol I can just see me with my legs in a bucket lol.sorry that just struck me funny.
But I am going to try it.never no it might help my whole leg x

Hi I'm new to group had FM for two years now! Life changing! Pain in all the usual places but recently so bad in my legs! Dread having to go upstairs in my house pain is so bad! Even sitting down legs just throb bing, fed up hearing myself moaning! If it's not my legs it's my arms etc I'm sure you all feel like this oregularly?

Welcome Kim.
It's so common sadly,and I find it hurt more when it's hot.or very cold.my feet also hurt a lot lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back