Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
Hello
I have a tendinitis and I want to know if I can use collagen to help? what´s the best?
thanks

It all depends on what else you have tried.

I have tendinitis in my shoulder. I have tried months of physical therapy, TENS, stretching, cortisone shots, acupuncture, heat/cold packs and rest. The latter two help the most and self-massage with a tennis ball and muscle relaxants for a good night's sleep. I have accepted that the pain will never be completely gone and that it will surprise me in the middle of the day/night. I personally have not tried collagen supplements, I was not convinced of its effects. But it could work for some, so why not.

I wish I had the magic answer. I have what my doc call tendinitis in my hands, thumb, wrist area - at least that's what my GP says. I am beginning to think it might be arthritis. He always says I have "some sort of autoimmune" but my CVID makes it hard to test. It comes and goes and can be very painful in the thumb area especially.

I don't know - kinda throw in the towel on this one. I feel like I'm out there somewhere in limbo because no one can name my issues - fibro ? just the CVID? some other autoimmune ?

Rest, heat, even splint can help (gotta admit, not good at doing this). Anti inflammatories...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back