Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2017
Country
UK
State
Scotland
So my rheumatologist finally diagnosed me yesterday with hypermobility and fibro. I was devastated and relieved at the same time - relieved that this wasn't actually all just in my head but devastated that I have this debilitating illness. My rheumatologist is going to tweak my meds a bit and has also requested an MRI of knees because they are so bad to rule out any cartilage damage or problems within the knees themselves.

I'm sorry you had to find that out and hopefully this is a correct diagnosis

Thanks. Every other test came back negative and given the number of positive tender points, I got this diagnosis. I'm glad I have a diagnosis after all these years but it still came as a shock

Mine came as a shock, too. Even though my family doctor told me that I probably had it, when the rheumatologist said it, it just made it more real. All of my life, I've been accused of faking it to 'get attention', and I probably started to believe that, too. I completely understand the feeling of being relieved that you have an official diagnosis, and being devastated by it.

Thanks AbbyRose. It's such an emotional rollercoaster.

i too understand it is an emotional roller coaster..let us know how you are doing as the days go by and what the MRI shows....how did you find the rheumy appointment..did you get a nice doctor?

It sounds like he/she is being thorough so that at least is a positive..well done for getting this far..its not easy.

Thanks willow. My rheumatologist is really good, his assistant on the other hand didn't seem to care. Lesson learned though to be more assertive at future appointments and insist on seeing my rheumatologist. I work for the NHS and deal with impatient, annoyed or frustrated patients every day and don't want to cause the nurses etc any trouble but at the same time I need to look out for number 1. I'm hoping a cancellation will come up for my MRI as I work at the hospital and can get there in just a few minutes to take a cancellation.

thats great..lol i could do with an NHS insider down here with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back