Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Tennessee
I'm new I don't have Fibro so I can't fully understand what someone with fibromyalgia feels but I do have A amazing, beautiful wife with fibromyalgia she means the universe to me I do a lot to make life easier for her but I screw up and don't communicate in a positive way I assume to much and upset her which makes me feel horrible

Talk to her. Communication is key. To understand fibro, just imagine how you feel when you have a very bad cold, and now imagine having that every day of your life. Also imagine how you feel when you wake up in the mornings after only having slept for 2-3 hours everyday for week. We might be able to sleep 5-8 hours a night, but we wake up feeling unrefreshed/exhausted even before our days begins. Fibro also not only affects the body, but the burden is so high that mentally it also makes life very hard to cope with.

Your wife is lucky to have a loving husband like you. I'd advise you to read about fibromyalgia as much as possible, maybe look for other family members/husbands online who have fibro sufferers in their families. I know it must be very hard for you too. Not because this is happening to a person you love, but also because living with a sick person day in day out has an emotional toll on all family members and their identity as well. So do not forget to think about your own well-being.

I need my wife she's my soulmate she feels though I don't understand and that I'm angry when I'm not keeps telling me to go get ran over by a car or walking on a bed of nails then tell her how I feel. I don't feel the physical pain but I'm here

Vickythecat gave some good advice. How long ago was your wife diagnosed? It can take a while to get your head round the diagnosis, in fact I'm not sure you completely do. We go through a rollercoaster of emotions every day & can get very frustrated at not being able to continue with our old lives and things we used to enjoy.

Do as much research as you can & give your wife some space, she's maybe struggling to get her head around things. I feel like I lash out sometimes and snap at my husband without meaning to and get annoyed for feeling that way. No one can ever understand what it's like living with chronic pain and fatigue every single day & it takes a lot of strength to just get up in the morning to do it all over again.

Just carry on helping out where you can around the house whenever you can, that makes a huge difference too. My husband doesn't understand at all & he quite literally got hit by a car a few weeks ago as a pedestrian, he walked away from it & wasn't seriously hurt but enough to make him comment about how I must feel every single day. You obviously care a great deal about your wife to take the time to post on here, keep doing as you are, it will get easier ��

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back