Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
ma
I have so many different muscular symptoms...notably tightness, spasms, twitches, and a weird problem at night that is like RLS but not actually RLS. I think it is originating in my gluten and also have problems with my traps.

Anyone out there doing anything for their muscles besides chiropractor, massage, magnesium, and stretching??? Anyone having trigger point injections or anything like that? I just got put on a medication to shift my sleep back to a normal time and it seemed to be working until i had a bad muscle night so i really need a solution....

I think I know what you're talking about regarding muscle spasms etc. It's not RLS, yet somehow my limbs move uncomfortably. Sometimes my upper extremities react this way and sometimes my lower limbs. The feeling is of deep muscle aches and nerve spasms but it's not RLS. When I get like this I toss and turn and apply a heating pad. This helps somewhat but eventually I get out of bed and walk around. Pain medication helps. I don't get massages as I have a "personal space" issue. I use a foam roller to stretch. Generally I encounter this issue when I'm hurting more. Wish I cld offer more help but I am glad you shared as I've been wondering if others experience this.

medicmurphy ya it sure sounds like we are experiencing the same thing. I try to explain it to my doctors and they just say it's RLS even though I insist it's a different sensation. It's a newer symptom for me.

Also meant glutes not gluten, oops.

I tend to have this issue alot. Right now hot baths work ok until I get my hot tub in a few weeks. Hope that helps as prefer that over heating pad

Yea, a hot tub wld be greatly welcome but the condo committee won't allow them in our back yards. Enjoy your tub. Think of us stiff hurting pathetic sad people when you take your first dip lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back