DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2017
Country
US
State
AZ
*sigh*

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 3 months ago. I have been dealing with many different symptoms for about 3 years now. My doctors bounced me from one doctor to the next; "everything is fine", "your results are normal", "it's all in your head", "there is nothing else I can do for you, here's a referral", "there is nothing else I can do for you.... good luck", and other equally helpful phrases were constantly thrown at me. The last rheumatologist I saw said "well, I can't find any reason for your pain so much be fibro." and then handed me some pamphlets.

So there was my diagnosis... In all of my own personal research fibro had of course come up however this doesn't feel like that. Or at least it feels like that plus more. Having a diagnosis has made the doctors even more useless than they were before, if that's even possible. Now it's "it's part of the disease there's nothing you can do", "there are no meds that will help you", "stay active, it will help", "don't be so active and you won't have flare ups".

Ugh. Now what. Keep fighting. Maybe, but I am so tired.

*sigh* I know what you mean. I stop relying on doctors to help long ago. There are very very small amount of doctors that can be exciting enough about it to treat their fibro patients. Only lucky fews get those doctors.

I was so tired of being tired. I gave it a rest from the doctors and find the way to fixing my own. It's sad when after many years I realized that they actually know as much as I do or even less about it.

Hi Ticytacs,
I know it is discouraging to be shuffled from one unhelpfuf doctor to another. The truth is not many doctors actually know very much about fibro, even rheumatologists. I finally ended up diagnosing myself - then went to my internist and asked, "Could it be fibromyalgia?" After a long pause, her face lit up and she answered, "Why yes, I think it could!" The next visit she evaluated me (she probably had to research how to do this) and diagnosed me. Many of us have some of the same symptoms but we all have a mixture of symptoms - some common and some not. But, if you ask, "Does anyone have ........." You will get many responses agree that indeed they do. Keep the faith!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back