Reason
Caregiver
Diagnosis
05/2019
Country
US
State
WA
Hi. My wife and I are in our late 50s, but still very active. We are whitewater kayakers and rafters, and I do this regularly. My wife was struggling with pain and other symptoms and decided to research what her problems were. Her doctor ran tests to rule out other causes, and determined that her problem is fibromyalgia.

We have been married less than 3 years. In my previous relationship, my ex-fiancee was a very unhappy person (paranoia, made worse because of misfortune). I was not always calm when dealing with her (not violent - just very frustrated) and she once asked me how I would deal with things if she got really sick. So, my greatest fear is that I will not be good at taking care of my wife.

I am hoping to find out what I can do to make her life more fun and happy while we deal with her pain and other issues.

from a womans point of view, the best thing you can do is try to be understanding, understanding she might need extra rest or just a listening ear for her to vent. helps so much to not feel alone. It makes it harder when our S.O dont listen or fail to try to understand, its hard because its somthing you cannot see. maybe rub the knots out of her back once inawhile and just be overall supportive is really a huge help. Hope you all find a decent way to manage. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back