Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I 'm 29 years old female and i have almost the same problems for 3 years :
- Fasciculations all over my body, particular in my legs (very strong)
- pain in my left leg
- I have pins and needles in my legs
- pain in my back and spinal cord
- eye twitching
I had MRI (2x head, 1x spinal cord) and it was normal. I also had EMG, an it was not normal. Conductivity is normal, but nervous ends are neurological changed. Doctor things that can be motorical neuropathy. It that means that could be ALS? MS?

I 'm tired of this situation. I have very stressful job and i hardly pass through the day.

i think when your nerves are effected (ncv) that leads away from als and maybe toward ms.
was your ncv abnormal and emg clean? that would be good as far as als is concerned.

april

Hello!

I 'm 29 years old female and i have almost the same problems for 3 years :
- Fasciculations all over my body, particular in my legs (very strong)
- pain in my left leg
- I have pins and needles in my legs
- pain in my back and spinal cord
- eye twitching
I had MRI (2x head, 1x spinal cord) and it was normal. I also had EMG, an it was not normal. Conductivity is normal, but nervous ends are neurological changed. Doctor things that can be motorical neuropathy. It that means that could be ALS? MS?

I 'm tired of this situation. I have very stressful job and i hardly pass through the day.

Hello Zoya, could you explain to me what is your pain in the leg? is it cramping, stiffness ...is it only when you walk or no stop, do you have the weakness sensations on your leg or only pain.
Because I used to have a pain(stiffness and a little cramps) in my right thigh/hip, 16 months ago but now I'm better it almost went, but I started to feel weakness in my left leg last year for 2-3 weeks then stopped untill last week(it starts again)? Also I have buzzing in both feets time to time, and tingling toes ...

Hello Zoya, could you explain to me what is your pain in the leg? is it cramping, stiffness ...is it only when you walk or no stop, do you have the weakness sensations on your leg or only pain.
Because I used to have a pain(stiffness and a little cramps) in my right thigh/hip, 16 months ago but now I'm better it almost went, but I started to feel weakness in my left leg last year for 2-3 weeks then stopped untill last week(it starts again)? Also I have buzzing in both feets time to time, and tingling toes ...

My pain in leg is like stiffness . I have cramping too. Sometimes i wake up at night because of them. Sensation is ok, i think. I don't have pain all the time, but often and it isn't necessary that i walk.

i think when your nerves are effected (ncv) that leads away from als and maybe toward ms.
was your ncv abnormal and emg clean? that would be good as far as als is concerned.

april

What is ncv ? I don't have clean EMG. Conductance measured with with electrodes on EMG was normal , but measured with needle was ubnormal - it showed effected ends of nerves.

April do you have some of disease of nerves?

My pain in leg is like stiffness . I have cramping too. Sometimes i wake up at night because of them. Sensation is ok, i think. I don't have pain all the time, but often and it isn't necessary that i walk.

:oops:

Do you have shivering sensations on your legs? I still do not have cramping only stiffness. And if I'm not walking I do not feel anything only buzzing and shivering.
I had stifness in my hands but it was 5-6 months ago.

ncv is the nerve part of the test. they hook up the electrodes and zap them, no needle insertation.

I dont know what I have.

Yes, I get the leg shiver or goose bumps. I will get on one leg or sometims one arm. It is strange feeling. I use to get it more but not as much. my legs feel fine when I am resting, they will twich and such but they dont feel as bad as when I am active.

I dont have cramping yet, just stiffness and aches. More in my thighs and calf. I had a thigh weakness 3 yrs ago for a few weeks and went to the neuro to re-check for ms. It went away and then came back in Jan. IT was strange.

I get stiffness 'feeling' in my hands but not actual stiff.

Lost, do you have some disturbanced of concentration ?

Yes I have concentracion problems, I have blurred vision,I had sore tongue , at the begining I had balance problems, pain in the upper back but it was 17 months ago.

Zoya, did you try this: Scratch your right arm with the left hand near the bunch. I'm getting sensations like electrical impulses(like I'm touching my nerves directly)

Yes I have concentracion problems, I have blurred vision,I had sore tongue , at the begining I had balance problems, pain in the upper back but it was 17 months ago.

Zoya, did you try this: Scratch your right arm with the left hand near the bunch. I'm getting sensations like electrical impulses(like I'm touching my nerves directly)

I tried , but i felt nothing. I have friend, who also have this sensations like electrical impulse, also fasciculations , balance problems, and she hasn't got diagnose yet. I think we have one new disease , which doctors still don't know.
I have many friends with MS, an none of them haven't got so frequent fasciculations and their MS is not started with fasciculations.

Yes, I have shivering sensations in my legs. I go crazy because of this strange symptoms. First i think that i'm the only one with those problems. Than i discovered BFS and this forum and found out that many people have similar problems.

I hope that they will find out what is wrong with us. Are you going to have some more tests ? Are you taking any supplemental of vitamins ? I eat B complex, magnesium, Koencim Q10 and evening primrose oil.

Are you studying, work ?

You can walk without pain ? I walked last week about 6 kilometers and i had terrible muscle pains, but sometimes i can bike about 30 km and i feel no pain, but other times i can't do anything, i can't walk because i'm so tired. It's so strange.

ncv is the nerve part of the test. they hook up the electrodes and zap them, no needle insertation.

I dont know what I have.

Yes, I get the leg shiver or goose bumps. I will get on one leg or sometims one arm. It is strange feeling. I use to get it more but not as much. my legs feel fine when I am resting, they will twich and such but they dont feel as bad as when I am active.

I dont have cramping yet, just stiffness and aches. More in my thighs and calf. I had a thigh weakness 3 yrs ago for a few weeks and went to the neuro to re-check for ms. It went away and then came back in Jan. IT was strange.

I get stiffness 'feeling' in my hands but not actual stiff.

What tests did you have for MS ? And results?

I tried , but i felt nothing. I have friend, who also have this sensations like electrical impulse, also fasciculations , balance problems, and she hasn't got diagnose yet. I think we have one new disease , which doctors still don't know.
I have many friends with MS, an none of them haven't got so frequent fasciculations and their MS is not started with fasciculations.

Yes, I have shivering sensations in my legs. I go crazy because of this strange symptoms. First i think that i'm the only one with those problems. Than i discovered BFS and this forum and found out that many people have similar problems.

I hope that they will find out what is wrong with us. Are you going to have some more tests ? Are you taking any supplemental of vitamins ? I eat B complex, magnesium, Koencim Q10 and evening primrose oil.

Are you studying, work ?

You can walk without pain ? I walked last week about 6 kilometers and i had terrible muscle pains, but sometimes i can bike about 30 km and i feel no pain, but other times i can't do anything, i can't walk because i'm so tired. It's so strange.

I'm working still :(. I have pain only when I'm walking. I had cramps in my right hip but nothing showed on EMG and then they got better, now I almost do not have. Now I have a weakness in my left leg and the left arm but the arm seems to get ok. I will wait for the left leg to see what will happens and I'm going to ALS doctor and to EMG then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back