Status
Not open for further replies.
You are amazing. Fibro may be something some docs diagnosed when they know of nothing else, but if you would take the time to investigate, there are specific criteria for diagnosed and it is not just a "I think you have fibro thing." LOOK IT UP! You obviously looked up ALS!

I've given you all the time I can expend. I truly hope you will find peace.

jimmercat

I'm sorry I did not mean to take up all your time. I am just very scared. I did go to a rheumatologist ho gave me info on fibro and did lab work I have to go back in 2 weeks. I hope and pray you are all right. I'm sorry if I upset you in anyway I know you are only trying to help and I appreciate everyones input more then you know. Thank you

Jattd,
My wife has fibromyalgia and has all the symptoms that you are describing. One thing she was told by the Rheumatalogist, was to stay out of sunlight. For some reason it seems to cause flare ups. I did not know if anyone else had experienced this?

Most of all it seems you need some anxiety medication to help you over this time in your life until you can come to grips with what is going on with your body. Do not believe the worse, hope for the best. But please get some help for the sake of your children. The last thing they need to have to live with is their mother dying because she could not face her fears.

I say this out of love and concern for you and your family. I am not judging you, only exploring the consequences of your possible actions, if you give up.

Angels.gif

Jattd

Capt. Al and CJ are right. Start with trying an anxiety Medication so you can relax and try to focus on getting your self better. So you can concentrate on taking the right path on getting the proper medical help. There is a new drug for Fibro called LYRICA. You need to be there for your children. When I was Dx with Meniere's disease (ear) in 1992 after the shingles virus in my right ear. And four ear surgeries. I was left with Tinnitus. My sound in my ears is not a ringing. It is more like a jet plane. I am clinically deaf in my right ear. Ins. dont cover hearing aids. In Oct 2004, I convinced myself that I could not live that way. and I was going to commit suicide. I focused on my daughter and husband and got a grip. I have not accepted it. I have adjusted living with it. I can here the sound as I type this to you. There is appropriate help for you. Please get on an anxiety medication. and depression medications you must take as a therapy everyday to be affective. In 1992, I went in to a deep depression. It was a very dark place. I don't ever want to go there again. So please seek help. We are here for you. This is the most caring group of people. Sometimes we have to give a little push so people will get the
help they need. Just think if you can be treated and live as normal as possible. That would be a lot better than having ALS. With no current Cure.

We Care,

Lorie

jttd

I am new to this forum and am not computer literate enough to know my way around. I would very much like to get in touch with this member. I am the facilitator for a Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain support group in Katy Texas. I would love the opportunity to get in touch with her and offer any help that I can - but I can't figure out how to do it! If someone could please get in touch with me and let me know how to make contact. I'm not sure if it is allowed, but my email address is [email protected]. This woman is in serious need of a buddy and i would like to be that person. Please jttd, if you see this, or if anyone can help me figure out what to do to get to her, please let me know.
Much thanks-Vickie T

in my mind there's only a few other things it could be.

Chronic Fatigue
Arthritis (so unlikely I feel)
Fibromyalgia
Lymes Disease (which I've basically read means you also have ALS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back