Status
Not open for further replies.
I never knew that codeine could help with IBS. That's interesting to note. I'm sorry you're having problems with your meds. I think it's a good reminder that we really need to stay on top of our prescriptions though.

I have used a drug for years called bendtal. I have to check the spelling on it because I take the generic form, it has worked the best for years on me.What IV med were you on? I use to get Lidocaine infusions.

Janet

Hello Fellow Firbro-mate

I am glad someone is talking about depression. I have been caught up in that fog for over 2 years. It is a real road block to a healthy life. I am taking 120mg. of Cymbalta. Yes it helps but will do some research on Wellburtin. Thank you.

Michelle

Just so you're not misled, though I'm sure Google will quickly auto-correct you, or it was just a typo, but it's called Wellbutrin.

I was on 150mg a day and it had little affect; but as soon as I mentioned it to my doctor he upped me to 300mg and within 24 hours what a change. I felt much more level headed and healthy-minded. Sure, you still get down, but it takes away the unhealthy deep depression. Life's been far more enjoyable for me since that day.

Note, it's a tad expensive, but provided you have a good benefits plan you'll be fine. As far as I know there's no cheap generic alternative (wish there was).

I'm glad some of you are finding relief from antidepressants. Unfortunately, all they do for me is cause me to be depressed when otherwise I'm fine. This seems to be a weird/funny side effect that a lot of people don't even know can happen.

Rest, hug the dog, listen to audio books, read, colouring of digital stamps and card making, these are all dependant on how I am feeling.some days I just sleep xxx

For me pain means I've eaten the wrong foods. By keeping control of what I eat I feel more in control generally....there's something definate I can do about it. Acceptance of the condition in the face of other people's skepticism has been huge for me. As I KNOW the truth....the opinions of others no longer hurt me.
I also have faith and regularly go to healing masses (once a month)....healing spiritually really helps with physical healing for me. There is no cure for this so learning to live positively with its effects has been important for me. The question I ask myself is no what this has taken away......but what CAN I do WITH it....Because of this I live very much one day at a time. Yesterday has gone. I only holds lessons learned. Tomorrow hasn't happened and I can't control what lives there. All I have is today. Today is a gift...and I can choose to enjoy it. If a whole day feels too long I can choose to enjoy living this hour only....I can look for positives how ever small. I do what I enjoy and detach myself from the negatives others can bring with them. I allow myself to be willing to heal....I pray for the willingness to be willing.
So I rest when I need to and I play when I can....I avoid trigger foods ...and I invite the God of my understanding to be part of my day.....Its working for me x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back