What pain killers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on diclofenac and tramadol for arthritic pain. I swapped out the diclofenac for ibuprofen, or any other anti-inflammatory I can get OTC. It's really not worth the battle to go back to the same people, and get the exact same thing if I can avoid it. I'm hoping I can get in at another clinic, and hopefully get treatment, not pallative care. I admit, it's better than nothing, but I'm far from pain-free.

I take Vicodin. I take 1 to 3 a day. I had to get a new doctor and justify my narcotic needs. I take them so I can work. I usually only take 1 during the afternoon and maybe one after work if my back is bad. I don't take more because I don't want the pills to stop being effective. I don't get high, dizzy or fuzzy, my pain just becomes manageable. I do take Naproxen first and I always hope that will be enough and some days it is. I take a muscle relaxant at night to help with cramps. My Dr approved and it works for me. I think I will always have to have the Vicodin on hand however. This is not going to get better.

Hey everyone, my doctor prescribed tramadol, it works for some people and it's non-narcotic, but it really doesn't touch my pain. I haven't been diagnosed fibro, I have chronic pain related to an autoimmune muscle disease amongst other things.

Hi Tuff O Hen... Welcome to the group. I've found a lot of support for each other here, and lots of information about Fibro, other pain issues, and ways to be supportive of family and friends who are having this horrible pain.

I'm so sorry to hear that your pain is so severe that the meds won't help it. Have you tried any alternative therapy approaches, either with the meds or instead of? If so, did anything at all offer even a little relief?

Thanks for the welcome, no, it's like I've never had any relief, having sleep apnea and not getting sleep like I should hurts me big time, I can't use the ccap machine, I'm on oxygen at night.... I don't just suffer with FMS , I have COPD and lately it's hit me and I'm having a hard time getting rid of it..best thing to ever come out for that is over the counter mucus x...I have two inhalers, I also suffer with asthma ...they help some..I can see there are some very nice folks in here..it's nice to know we not alone...

Has anyone taken cymbalta? Any one have feedback good or bad about cymbalta

I take xanaflex (4mg, you can take it once every few hours) and generic percocet (oxycodone/acetaminophen). I've been on nsaids, tramadol, robaxin, flexeril, lyrica, neurontin, and effexor. Lyrica and Neurontin were the most helpful in getting restful sleep and preventing flares, but they have to be taken everyday and cause weight gain and memory problems which already happens when you have fibromyalgia. They didn't help my day to day pain at all. I'm not fond of the fatigue I get from muscle relaxers or percocet either, but they do take the edge off my flares.

I have been on a variety of pain medications over the last 5 years and the only combo that works for me is Norco 7.5-325 3x a day with Meloxicam once a day. But I can't get any doctor to prescribe it for at all. I have told them so many times that that specific combo works the best. I just feel so hopeless and disappointed every time I leave any of my doctors offices. I'm at a loss...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back