Not open for further replies.

pinkypoo38

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
ms
So I was told my RA test rssults where negative but when the nurse called I was told my ana test was very low and should return back to normal after I have my surgery this month removing my ovary. I don't compute this having anything to do with my other problem. And since lupus is in the family I'm at a stand still. Once again all this pain is not for nothing.

Low ANA, is a good thing as they use it to diagnosis lupus. You mentioned having an ovary removed. If you have cysts on your ovary they can cause a lot of pain. So once the ovary is gone see how your pain is then. If it continues go see a rheumatologist. This is the only doctor that can diagnosis fibro. He will test for lymes and lupus. Also RA and other conditions. Sometimes getting that diagnosis can take years, because these types of illnesses all start out with the same types of symptoms. And often times in the early stages all the tests are normal. That is why doctors often label you with depression. It is a time of keeping your cool and trying to remain strong and positive. It is not easy and I can tell by your voice in this post you are sad and discouraged, each time the tests are normal. This is normal human behavior. You just want to know what is wrong so you can make a plan and deal with it. But you think you can't plan because you don't know. This is wrong thinking.

You can start right here and read some of the older posts. Everyone coming in here has been given some coping skills. And the forum is filled with posts from people sharing their tips on dealing with pain and fatigue. You start a plan by learning the coping skills and seeing what works for you, then build on that when you get your diagnosis. If you get depressed find a counseler you can trust and work on improving your mental out look. It does not mean your crazy, it means you are taking charge of your healthcare. It makes you stronger and more confident in facing what lies ahead.

And don't forget to share here and use the vent topic when life gets to be to hard to handle alone. We are here to help you in anyway we can to get through the ups and downs of getting that diagnosis and beyond. Good Luck! :)

Low ANA, is a good thing as they use it to diagnosis lupus. You mentioned having an ovary removed. If you have cysts on your ovary they can cause a lot of pain. So once the ovary is gone see how your pain is then. If it continues go see a rheumatologist. This is the only doctor that can diagnosis fibro. He will test for lymes and lupus. Also RA and other conditions. Sometimes getting that diagnosis can take years, because these types of illnesses all start out with the same types of symptoms. And often times in the early stages all the tests are normal. That is why doctors often label you with depression. It is a time of keeping your cool and trying to remain strong and positive. It is not easy and I can tell by your voice in this post you are sad and discouraged, each time the tests are normal. This is normal human behavior. You just want to know what is wrong so you can make a plan and deal with it. But you think you can't plan because you don't know. This is wrong thinking.

You can start right here and read some of the older posts. Everyone coming in here has been given some coping skills. And the forum is filled with posts from people sharing their tips on dealing with pain and fatigue. You start a plan by learning the coping skills and seeing what works for you, then build on that when you get your diagnosis. If you get depressed find a counseler you can trust and work on improving your mental out look. It does not mean your crazy, it means you are taking charge of your healthcare. It makes you stronger and more confident in facing what lies ahead.

And don't forget to share here and use the vent topic when life gets to be to hard to handle alone. We are here to help you in anyway we can to get through the ups and downs of getting that diagnosis and beyond. Good Luck! :)

Thank you much for this helpful response, I guess I been in so much pain I was wanting to know the answer why? Taking your advice

Your very welcome. I understand because I was once in your shoes, meaning I was dealing with strange feelings and bad pain, and several other symptoms that made me so very scared. The doctors finding nothing wrong came up with all kinds of reasons that had to do with my home life or just bad nerves and depression. I was on a roller-coaster of wanting to know and it cost me a lot of money that I did not have. So I got brave and started a plan and that plan finally lead me to my diagnosis. But remember the plan is more important, because no matter what you have if you don't plan your coping skills you won't be able to manage the illness. It is going to be alright, because from now on your in charge! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back