Fatigued after meals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me wonder if a lot of our foods are the GMO kind. They say that these fruits and veggies, are worthless as far as, providing the necessary proteins and other things are bodies need to survive. If we eat but gain nothing from what we eat, then fatigue is bond to be a big issue. If you can buy organic seeds and plant a small garden in your backyard or in containers, it might improve your health. Do web searches for local healthfood stores or online places where you can buy in bulk.

Some on site are vegan or have given up eating most meats and dairy product purchased from stores. What sort of diet are you on? Do you live in the country or in a town or city?

It seems strange that we are fatigued even before you do anything to make ourselves tired. What say you?

I think there is probably some element of truth to this. We live in a society of genetically altered everything. Things such as high fructose corn syrup isn't exactly healthy either. Altering our foods in this way has to have some side effects. At least in the ways that our foods are genetically modified.

Hi . I saw the topic of being fatigued really bad after meals, and had to comment, as I am the same way, and I am not diabetic. I have been checked numerous times during my adults life. I am so tired after eating a meal, I must lay down and sleep. This is mostly after dinner, as that is the largest meal of my day. I have to plan around this, by not eating out, in order to do anything, because I am useless after eating. IfI do eat out, I cannot eat very far from home, have to be nearby in order to get home to lie down right away. I feel that my body doesn't have the energy it needs to break down the food in my stomach, due to the fibro/ CFS. Not sure what the problem is.
t

Hi there! I'm not diabetic either, but I used to feel the same way after meals. Are you sure you're not suffering from insuline resistance? Some doctors have a hard time diagnosing this for some odd reason. I was on a treatment for this, and after that I didn't feel fatigated anymore :) I no longer use that medication tho, because of the nasty side effects. I'm now controling my sugar levels with a special cactus juice every single morning.

Hi there! I'm not diabetic either, but I used to feel the same way after meals. Are you sure you're not suffering from insuline resistance? Some doctors have a hard time diagnosing this for some odd reason. I was on a treatment for this, and after that I didn't feel fatigated anymore :) I no longer use that medication tho, because of the nasty side effects. I'm now controling my sugar levels with a special cactus juice every single morning.

Insuline resistance? That's something I have never heard of. I'll have to research it. Thanks for the suggestion. What kind of treatment were you on for it? What was the name of the medication? Cactus juice sounds good. Tell us more!

I think there is probably some element of truth to this. We live in a society of genetically altered everything. Things such as high fructose corn syrup isn't exactly healthy either. Altering our foods in this way has to have some side effects. At least in the ways that our foods are genetically modified.

Yes, when you take the vitamins and nutrients out of fruits and vegetables you end up with an unmotivated, cancer filled, depressed and lazy human being. It's the wave of the future unless we get our act together. I've started my own garden and I advise that you all do the same. You can't trust a mega corporation to grow your food and have your best interests in mind.

Feeling tired after a meal i know is one of the worst feelings ever because it makes you feel as if you are overeating but knowing fully well that it is not the case. I have never heard my aunt though complaining about that before, then i guess she is one of the lucky ones.

I think you should all check it out and find out from your doctors, does it happen with all the foods that you have eaten or is it just certain foods at certain meal times and how often does it happen? In cases where it is not a constant thing, then it could be your body reacting to a certain type of food. Also the severity of the factor of it. I know some people have a coughing problem after eating, others their skeletal muscles tighten.

Good luck and please consult your doctor, these could be symptoms of another disorder as well.

Feeling tired after a meal i know is one of the worst feelings ever because it makes you feel as if you are overeating but knowing fully well that it is not the case. I have never heard my aunt though complaining about that before, then i guess she is one of the lucky ones.

I think you should all check it out and find out from your doctors, does it happen with all the foods that you have eaten or is it just certain foods at certain meal times and how often does it happen? In cases where it is not a constant thing, then it could be your body reacting to a certain type of food. Also the severity of the factor of it. I know some people have a coughing problem after eating, others their skeletal muscles tighten.

Good luck and please consult your doctor, these could be symptoms of another disorder as well.

It is mainly after medium to large size meals. That's lunch and dinner as I don't eat much of a breakfast and I never have. I eat all sorts of different foods so that squashes your idea that it is one type of food. I don't really think my Doctor will have much to say, unfortunately. He'll probably just tell me to eat lighter.

Insuline resistance? That's something I have never heard of. I'll have to research it. Thanks for the suggestion. What kind of treatment were you on for it? What was the name of the medication? Cactus juice sounds good. Tell us more!

Metformin, I was taking that to treat my insuline resistance. Actually insuline resistance is a few steps away from diabetes! If not treated it, insuline resistance can lead to diabetes :( Sadly Metformin was causing my hair to fall out, and gave me an odd skin reaction! I have to stop taking it, and now I'm drinking cactus juice every morning... I'm losing 2 pounds a week thanks to this. Because before I got medication for it, I wasn't able to lose weight. Plus I don't feel tired after eating anymore. That's a good sign.

This is the cactus I make my juice with (EVERY morning)

OK. I will ask my Doctor about metformin. I'm willing to try anything. I don't want my hair to fall out though! I'll see if my store sells cactus juice. Thank you for your knowledge.

Ow, I'm sorry, the message I originally wrote had a picture of the cactus! Anyway, you can find this cactus very easily at almost any market in the US, specially in the ones that are located in Hispanic neighborhoods. The name of this cactus in spanish is ''Nopal'', just ask someone at the store if they have it. You can make your own... it's very cheap! They sell it clean and cut already, so all you have to do is to put it inside the blender, I like to use half of a glass, and I fill the glass with water. I add ''Stevia'' to improve the flavour a bit.

I don't recommend you to take Metformin. Your doctor might deny it, but it does cause hair loss in some people, because it doesn't allow the body to absorb the B12 vitamin. A side effect of that is hair loss.

I noticed you talking about Cactus juice, can you explain how it works? I know sort of about this topic of insuline resistance, isn't it also referred to as pre-diabetic, like being on the edge of maybe becoming diabetic. I have heard about it in the past from doctors, but since they did not really explain how it was suppose to happen I was not quite sure if it was real or not, like trying to scare someone into changing their diet or develope an untrust in themselves.

But anything is possible and I think it is good to learn more about things so we have a better understanding about how our bodies work with and against us whether we be healthy or faced with illness. Please tell us more about what you know. :)

I have also heard the bad things about wheat. I'm reading Wheat Belly. I just started it but I enjoy it so far. It's a book that you can pick up at your local library as it is not a new release. I find it hard to give up carbs and wheat though as I am a vegan. I'll do things like burrito bowls sans the tortilla. I need to do more things like that and cut down on sandwich bread/pizza/muffins.

I have found replacements for many things: cauliflower in place of potatoes or rice, flax meal (I buy seeds in bulk and grind them as it is so much cheaper) in place of grain for baked goods, shaved zucchini in place of pasta etc.... Many I have found by reading low carb discussions and recipe books. Now I look at regular recipes and decarb them and replace grains with alternatives and create my own recipes. It becomes second nature.

I noticed you talking about Cactus juice, can you explain how it works? I know sort of about this topic of insuline resistance, isn't it also referred to as pre-diabetic, like being on the edge of maybe becoming diabetic. I have heard about it in the past from doctors, but since they did not really explain how it was suppose to happen I was not quite sure if it was real or not, like trying to scare someone into changing their diet or develope an untrust in themselves.

But anything is possible and I think it is good to learn more about things so we have a better understanding about how our bodies work with and against us whether we be healthy or faced with illness. Please tell us more about what you know. :)

Of course I can :) Well, first I'd like to say I'm no longer drinking that juice cactus every morning because the texture is just too much for me, plus I'm now trying to eat a bit more than before, and that juice didn't really help with the appetite!

Well, they say the cactus juice helps to control your sugar levels by aiding the insuline do it's job. The reason you become insuline resistant is because the insuline you are producing isn't of the best quality. That's why we must aid our body by consuming less simple carbs and avoid sugar as much as possible.

The complex carbs are good for us because they don't result in sudden glucose spikes. That's why consuming enough fiber is good for us. That way the body process what we eat a bit more slowly. Which is very good is you suffer from insuline resistance.

I had a great experience with the cactus juice, it actually lowered my sugar levels and kept them at a really healthy range! I really recommend it... just make sure to make it yourself, if you can get past its texture... you will be fine :) You can add some lime to it, that way is easier to drink it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back