Are You entitled to a Disability Sticker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinderr

Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
US
State
WI
I have one and I think I deserve it. Before I got mine, I said I won't use it every time but I do! It has been a Godsend!:smile: Shopping alone is so difficult for me; I can't imagine walking far to get my vehicle. Then you load your vehicle and if you're lucky, you have a strong young man in the house to help you unload at home!:)

I haven't got that far yet, but if I ever do, well that's ok too :) It comes with its adventages, I guess. I could see that in your post :) You always seem to find the bright side of everything, and that's something I really like about your posts! Glad to have you around :D

I'll have to ask the doctor eventually. You are talking about a driving handicap sticker, correct? So you can park in a handicap spot? I see so many healthy looking people parking in those spots with their stickers, it drives me nuts. I'm sure you all deserve one if those people get to have one.

I have one. Only use it on very bad days, as I know there are many others worse off.

It is especially nice in the winter, here in new York, we have our ice and snow.... And my work parking lot, well it's a joke, and I can only imagine how much more I would mess myself up if I ever slipped and fell because they do a horrible job plowing, and they keep the salt to a minimum so there's lots of ice...

I first had a temporary handicap sticker, and the Dr signed off on the paperwork for a permanent one recently.
It is a blessing sometimes.....

But people can be so rude. I've been verbally abused over it already, an older gentleman yelled profusely because "you young people and your fake health problems! You make me sick. You look fine to me you faker!" along with some choice names thrown in there. I know I'm young, but I have real health issues sir. I walk with a limp 75% of the time...Like iI really want to fake that. ItS not attractive let me tell you, but I don't have a choice. Doesn't mean I'm any less deserving of a closer stop than you kind sir. Lol
The nerve of some people! Lol

I have one. Only use it on very bad days, as I know there are many others worse off.

It is especially nice in the winter, here in new York, we have our ice and snow.... And my work parking lot, well it's a joke, and I can only imagine how much more I would mess myself up if I ever slipped and fell because they do a horrible job plowing, and they keep the salt to a minimum so there's lots of ice...

I first had a temporary handicap sticker, and the Dr signed off on the paperwork for a permanent one recently.
It is a blessing sometimes.....

But people can be so rude. I've been verbally abused over it already, an older gentleman yelled profusely because "you young people and your fake health problems! You make me sick. You look fine to me you faker!" along with some choice names thrown in there. I know I'm young, but I have real health issues sir. I walk with a limp 75% of the time...Like iI really want to fake that. ItS not attractive let me tell you, but I don't have a choice. Doesn't mean I'm any less deserving of a closer stop than you kind sir. Lol
The nerve of some people! Lol
Yes, I hear you about the slippery parking lots in western new york. Do you live in Orchard Park? Is that what your moniker stands for? They get pounded with the snow. And how old do you consider "young people" as you reference above?

I have one and bloomin glad for it some days. after making myself walk around a big supermarket i dont always feel able to walk a long way to the car, especially If I'm on my own and had to carry everything around as well.

Yes, I have one, too, and I'm very grateful for it! When people see me step out of my car and begin walking, there's no question I need it, with my hobbling like a 90 year old woman.

I sometimes think of that, too but appearances are deceiving. I may walk into the store straight and confident but after one aisle, I have to sit on a pallet of bottled water or t.p.. One more aisle and one more sitting spot. And so it goes until I am so beat, I hardly have strength to pay. Somehow I maneuver my cart the few feet to my truck, load my groceries, and sit for awhile before I can drive away. Did I mention the two vicodin it takes to get to the store?
I don't think its real hard to get a sticker but I don't think they pass them out like Happy Meals either. Don't judge please; you never know what your future holds (all good, I hope).

I am often hobbling too and damn tired of it!
I have wondered if someone really deserved the sticker before. We are all human of course. I try to trust the untrustworthy system:)

Trellum, thank you for that kind endorsement! I do not like sour pusses and try not to be one.

I agree with the poster who only uses his / her sticker on the really bad days. I don't think that people with general aches and pains should have handicap stickers. Those should be reserved for the elderly and people who are really immobile like those in wheelchairs or on crutches / using walkers etc. If I end up getting one then I'll only use it on my worst days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back