Not open for further replies.

RomanAnthonysMama

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
massachusetts
Hey everyone! I've been getting this awful shooting pain that goes from my back down my leg. It starts off on the right side of my back, and it's sort of this dull pain at first, but then it starts to cramp up my leg. My first thought was that it was Sciatica, but then other stuff started to feel really inflamed and painful. My wrists sometimes hurt, my calves, my neck...And I'm a lot more tired lately. I'm just wondering if sometimes Sciatica can be confused for Fibro? Thanks for any advice!

I think it is possible you could have both arthritis and Sciatica. Sciatica usually is caused by a pinched nerve and has pain that shoots down the back of your leg. The other symptoms you mention could be caused by other forms of arthritis and should be checked by a rheumatologist. Not to say it isn't fibro, but RA comes to mind as well as Lymes Disease.

All of these can cause the symptoms you have talked about and should be determined by a doctor who has the knowledge and skill to find the true causes and get you started with proper meds and daily life tips. :)

I agree that you should ask your doctor to be sure, but I think sciatica is a good possibility from what you describe. My ob/gyn diagnosed me with sciatica at the end of one of my pregnancies. I had pain that started in the lower back and shot down my buttocks all the way to my calf. What you have sure sounds similar.

You could try putting cold and/or hot packs on the most painful areas until you get to the doctor. My husband sometimes has sciatica also and that is what the mayo clinic website recommends.

Please go see a doctor if you are concerned if you have fibromayalga or sciatica. They will definitely know more than any of us on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back