Dr. Rodger Murphree's Book & Supplements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiGhTn4LiFe

Diagnosis
09/2006
Country
US
State
PA
Headed BACK to the natural route of treating this monster ...

Has anyone read Dr. Murphree's Book "Treating & Beating FM & CFS" or tried any of his supplements? He is big on 5HTP, repairing Adrenal function, and massive doses of vitamins and minerals. He is not claiming to 'cure' it but make it more manageable. (Which spoke to me because most of these people promise a cure.)

Going to take a stab at the book ... Look forward to any feedback if any of you have any experience with him.

Thanks, Hope all are well!

No I don't but please keep posting... I am med free right now only using fish oil vitamin b and pot if its unbearable...so any help is appreciated

No I don't but please keep posting... I am med free right now only using fish oil vitamin b and pot if its unbearable...so any help is appreciated

I'm about half way thru the book and like what I'm reading so far. I feel like he has examined me and is reading me my own medical chart, lol. Feeling hopeful! I will keep you updated.

Hope you are well!

Thanks... I'm finding more people are trying to fight naturally.. I'm not sure if the doctors Nd drug companies know or care what their chemicals do to us. I read some where on here something about Mother Nature providing what we need so why not try everything she has given first it may take longer but it can't be more harmful then the chemical cocktails they prescribe ..

Trfielder,

This book is amazing! I am feeling hopeful for the first time in years.

My background is in Chiropractic and Holistic medicine. I fell away from it for a variety of reasons, which don't even matter right now. I always knew in my heart I would find my way back. And WOW, have I.

Yes, Mother Nature, God, Jehovah God, Budda, whomever your higher power may be, did indeed, give us everything we need to heal ourselves from the inside out.

I had started to wean myself off of all my 'chemical meds' (with the proper communication with my MD) a few weeks ago. I'm pretty much down to 30 mgs of Cymbalta a day for the next two weeks and then every other day for a few weeks and all of that will be over. I noticed some improvement within a few days of weaning. Less ticks, less pain, no nausea, sleep is coming a little easier. Those drugs were making me sicker.

Last Saturday I started the protocol in this book. I have had no side effects from any of the supplements, all of which are things already in our food or produced within us. As a matter of fact, I have had no unpleasant side effects from coming off of the 'chemicals' because I'm supplementing with the natural substances they are to mimic.

I have noticed a few small changes in the last 5 days. My fatigue is not unbearable, more positive emotionally, taking the supplements makes me drink more water which is always a good thing, no headaches, mind is clearer, colors are brighter, but in a good way, not that you can't stand to look at them way. I went home from work last night and cooked dinner. My husband thought someone replaced me with a Stepford wife, lol.

I chalk some of it up to, less chemicals everyday, a ton of nutrients everyday, getting out of my own way (which he talks about), restarting my affirmations ... which for now is simply "I choose to be happy and healthy and know in my heart I am doing is what is best FOR ME." ... and I am grounded enough to know that a little bit might be a honeymoon period. Do I believe I will continue to struggle and have bad days? Absolutely. But I've come to realize they don't have to be all bad.

I will continue to update here as time goes by and I get farther into my new journey. If you have questions or want information, please feel free to message me. That goes for anyone who reads this. I am not in any way associated with this author/Doctor. I believe he is based in Atlanta, I could be wrong?, and I am in PA. This is just my personal story in regards to his teachings. I found him by the grace of my God, and a simple web search.

Hope all are well and having a good day!

Wow great news! Just one bit of advice coming off cymbalta. Don't do the alternate days it is to hard on your body..break the capsules apart and count the beads try only dropping 10% every couple of weeks...that is what I've been advised to do ( not that I followed it). I found b 12 complex and fish oil really helped me.
I'm going to look for this book over the weekend..or see if my daughter can get it from university library!
Anything is worth a try naturally!
And hey if your hubby doesn't know who you are feel free to come cook at my house! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back