Not open for further replies.

Trfielder

Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
CA
State
ON
Some days I really wonder if I have fibro...I get up feeling pretty good get my house cleaning done. Not in to much pain. But then I have days like last Thursday where I spent the entire day in bed I was so tired and full body pain. Most days it's just regular pain..I can handle it( I've been told I have a very high pain tolerance) but then my tea cup chihuahua will put his paw on me and it hurts like crazy.. I just don't get it..I almost feel like I'm imagining the pain some days. I don't know.
Is this normal?

Yes, it is normal. You have to just enjoy those good days as much as you can, because you are never sure when a bad day will come along and how long it will last. My thoughts are with you and I hope tomarrow is a much better day. :)

Thanks....today not so bad even got the dogs out for a good walk and playin the snow! And the cold wasnt to bad...

I now exactly what you mean. My pain level usually varies quite a bit but the exhaustion has been very steady for the last year. I had to quit work which was at a plastic place with LOTS of plastic dust. A few months after leaving, I started feeling a lot better and started to wonder if I was diagnosed wrong and I had been having a reaction to plastic dust. I had just passed 1 1/2 months of feeling pretty good when I got a flu shot - BIG MISTAKE. My body is reacting to it 10 days later and have been very sick for 5 days now and the nerve pain is at a level 10 which is unusual for me. I am so mad at myself for getting that shot, because I have not felt that good or for that long in a few years. I sure hope this passes soon and I go back to feeling better. I still think that my body was reacting to the plastic dust as I have read that fibro patients have a lot of reactions to different things. Hope you continue to feel good!

I am tired all the time and well I guess I over did it this morning pretty sore now...imagine playing with dogs puts me down and out!
Iam sensitive to perfumes and laundry smells so I would imagine plastic dust would be horrible..
I never get a flu shot they scare the crap outta me always worried about side effects. Like getting sick...
I really hope you start feeling better ....soon

I am learning this as well. When I feel good, the house gets cleaned the best I can handle because I never know if tomorrow I'll feel bad or for how long - and when I do - forget it. I can't do anything.

I understand exactly what you're saying, and I've felt the same way, especially the first couple of years. I'd read about how horrible others felt with their fibro, and mine didn't seem that bad. Then I'd be hit with a horrible day of exhaustion or pain, and I'd get "put in my place." I think it's very normal!

The problem with fibromyalgia is that it can come and go. I really hate that it can just pop up out of nowhere. I've had it for 20 years. I'd say the first 10 years were pretty dreadful. The last 10 haven't been so bad, but it definitely has its flare up. These are constant reminders that this is a life long diagnosis.

Thanks ... I know a lady with Fibro and she has so few good days that I almost feel guilty...it's good to know that I'm not alone in my good days or my bad..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back