Where is your worst pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pain is from my head to my toes. My worse pain is my rib cage including my chest. Everyday I deal with this for the first hour after I get up and that is usually around 5 AM. Until the pain medication kicks in. I basically sit in my recliner in the living room on a heating pad on lower back in the dark as I find that I am very sensitive to lights and any kind of noise. Also find I am usually chilling and have to cover up with several blankets. Everyday I go through this. Once I get by this in the morning, I am normally pain free the rest of the day except for an unannounced flareup now and then. I am a 71 year old male. By God's Grace I am able to cope with it :)

It's a three way tie for me. My legs, my knees, and my right hand are the worst- most of the time. I joined this forum in late April early May of '14, and my hand pain began in early May. Sometimes it seems as though Fibro/Fatigue/Pain is a little gremlin that revels in sabotaging anything in which you find joy, peace, or relief. This is best, most polite and most supportive forum I have ever been in, and just a few days to a week after joining, my hand is in terrible pain- so much so that I couldn't type. In the last several months, I have learned to deal with the hand pain, unless it is a flare up day. I have had surgery on my left knee and need it on my right, but have no insurance right now. My legs are in a constant state of flux- in other words, they go from throbbing pain, to cramping, to stabbing pain radiating from my knees throughout my entire lower half, even into my toes, to all of the above at one time. My doctor has told me that I have one of the worst cases of fibro he has ever seen. He's a GP though; I go to him through a charity program, but there is no rheumey in the program. But I guess hearing that from a medical professional only solidifies that fact that I am not crazy or weak. It is not all in my head and it is okay to have to lay in the bed.

Like some others have said, wherever my pain is, it is the worst in the morning. Sometimes, I get out of bed, and hit the floor because my legs refuse to hold me up. I take my meds, and try to lay down and/or rest until they start to kick in.

Someone asked if the weather affects the pain, and I say a resounding YES. If there is a really serious thunderstorm coming in the next 72 hours, I will get a really serious migraine. And let me say now before I forget that a migraine like that trumps every other pain I have ever experienced. If you know migraine sufferers, you have probably heard them say it feels like there is an icepick stuck in their brain. Well, that is exactly it. There is no exaggeration. (And I have been stabbed so I know.) It literally feels like someone has stabbed me in my brain, and every time there is the slightest light or sound, it is as though someone comes along and thumps the icepick. The weather also affects the pain in my back, shoulders, knees, legs, hands, and feet.

But a few times this year, the pain has been so bad everywhere, I could not bear to have clothes on and being covered with a sheet (just a sheet, because it felt like the comforter weighed 100 lbs.) made me cry. The only relief I got was taking enough meds to go to sleep.

Some of the worst "pain" though, is the emotional pain. When people don't understand and say things that hurt and belittle you and call into question your pain, whether or not you are lazy or a just a "freeloader." When people don't understand that getting up, getting out of your pajamas and taking a shower is a MAJOR feat. Or when you look around on Friday, and there is little to no change in the house from Monday, and you are discouraged, and you belittle yourself. Someone asked if others had anxiety attacks, and I raise my virtual hand. I have had them a lot lately. Someone on another thread talked about having suicidal ideations, mainly as an escape from the physical pain. That is me almost every day- but I want to escape both types of pain. Sometimes the only two things that stop me is the fact that my best friend is the one who will find my body, and she may or may not have my two year old goddaughter with her, and my life insurance policy recently lapsed and it would leave my son with no contribution from me for his future. I am about to start going to counselling for the depression, and anxiety and for ways to cope with the pain, and I hope it helps. I really need some coping skills.

I guess it is a five way tie- my legs, my knees, my right hand, migraines, and the emotional pain.

Last edited:
currently my ribcage. i always have an ache there but its sharp and seems to b spreading over my entire right side. since i also have a swollen are its called tietze syndrome. ive been going through this for years. my second chronic spot would be my arms and legs, the chronic deep pain .i also have arthritis in my spine and in a lot of my joints. so sometimes its hard to tell what is what but the chest/rib pain is hands down the worst pain next ro childbirth and gallbladder attack

Im not sure regarding your taste buds, however im not going
rule it out because with fibro there are so many symptoms which
could impact on your oral health. Regarding my pain its constant
24/7 with no relief.

lm not on any meds and suffer in silence everyday. Thank god
my husband & friends are supportive as my family are not. :-(

lf it's support your looking for you've come to the right forum!

I had chronic neck pain for years but that is much improved now. It's still a bad area but not particular worse than my calfs. For some reason my calfs have suddenly gotten a lot worse. I don't even put much strain on them, so I can't blame it on over exercise.

Right now my worst pain is in the neck, no matter what I do I'm not getting any relief, it's so darn annoying, but I'm guessing the posture is the one to blame. I don't know anymore. But yeah, right now this is the worst pain, if you ask me neck pain is the worst!

I had chronic neck pain for years but that is much improved now. It's still a bad area but not particular worse than my calfs. For some reason my calfs have suddenly gotten a lot worse. I don't even put much strain on them, so I can't blame it on over exercise.

OMG.... ow could you fix that?!?! I'm desperately trying everything I can, but I'm no longer sure if it's the neck or the lower part of my head or both. Maybe the pain reflex in my neck? It's awful!

My worst pain is in my cervical area/neck. I work on computers and have an infant, so I am always in an awkward position holding him or bottles or staring at a computer. Using pillows a lot definitely helps my back and neck.

Oh my, same situation! I think working in front of a computer has completely screwed up not only my yes, but now also my darn neck!

My worst pain is in my ankles, and my feet. When I go to get up, not only do I have to slowly get to a straight position because of my back, but my feet hurt. On top of fibro, I have a bad back, plantar fasciitis, and with the FIBRO, it is taking a toll on my body at a whole. My fingers hurt, everyday, but as asked my worse pain is in my ankles, and my feet. Oh yes I have hip pain too, its crazy, I have total body pain.

I think that is a good advice atuckerit, if we have the problem we should establish certain limits to ourselves or else we can get a serious injury.

As of today I had no pain :D Yup, no pain at all, or almost not pain. It was a glorious days, I think I feel much better now I try to keep a good posture and also trying out aromatherapy. I bought a spray (aromatherapy) that helps with insomnia... it actually does! Also it helps me relax.

Yay Trellum! That's great! I too had a pretty good day. Thank goodness. I've gone the past few weeks with major fatigue and colitis/IBS flare. Today was the first in a long time that I could feel almost normal. My massage therapist loaned me a book on essential oils. I need to get on to reading it. She swears some can really help.....

O gosh erm my pain moves but when it's in my hands it can wake me up. I also have arm pain a lot leg pain and my knee pop out a lot so alway sore.
But like I say it moves about.

My back is where my worst pain is. Back and neck. They are always sore or hurting tremendously. I hate that feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back