Where is your worst pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neck & wrists 24/7. The other pains come and go, but those two are nonstop. No relief ever. :(

My worst pain is definitely in my legs, arms and back. My legs are so bad I have to use a cane to get around when I can get around. I'm in so much pain I can barely walk. I have burning, numbness, horrible, horrible pain and my legs feel like I'm dragging cement blocks around. Then the fatique kicks in and it starts all over again seems like. I go for like 7-8 days, sometimes longer in a flare up and another one can come right back. So I sometimes have them back to back. So legs and arms and back are the worst, they hurt so bad. It's hard to pick one area because the pain pretty much comes together when it hits.

By far, my legs. Almost ditto to nomorepain52. While I was weaning off Cymbalta last Oct. the burning and aching, (that word doesn't do justice), just flooded in like a wave. Now it comes on strong and seemingly stronger each time. Opioids don't help. Sometimes Advil helps a little. I won't go back on the Cymbalta as I have no mind on it and I have to exert extreme willpower to stay awake. Heat helps. The past few days I can only shuffle along and feel like I'll burst out crying any minute, anywhere. Then it starts up my back...

I can surely relate to your pain Ruralchick. Cymbalta had me out of my mind and I only took two, and was messed up for like a month, I think I may have been allergic or something. No medicine has ever taken over my mind like Cymbalta did, never again. Percocet helps me a lot but after two heart surgeries, my heart does not like pain meds for some reason. So most of the time I just suffer if my Lyrica does not help. But then when it gets to be too much I have no choice but to take something stronger.

Gotta say most of the whole body (this has been a week for the record books). I wish they would make a full body heating pad. Had my ski snow pants on inside the house to get my legs warm enough so they wouldnt keep screaming in pain...That was a fun look...

First time post, thank you for any ideas! My worst pain area by far is my feet and legs, seems if I stand or walk for any amount of time...I suffer the worst. Gone are the days of shopping for fun, taking a walk etc. It really is a pain that is NoT tolerrable and dont know what to do.

ugh, my pain's favorite thing to do is migrate........!

Lately it has been my knees, shins..... in the am its my hands, wrists, elbows and fingers and back.

My worst pain is my spine and my hips. I also have psoriatic arthritis to complicate matters. So sometimes it is hard to decipher which disease I am fighting at the moment. I actually have arthritis in the joints of the vertebrae. Sometimes I can feel each individual vertebrae. As for my hips, I cannot lie on my sides for very long. I toss over frequently at night because of the pain. I even invested in a Tempurpedic mattress which does help a lot but did not eleviate the pain. I also cannot touch my hips with my fingers because it hurts.
I also have miagraine headaches daily. The first medicine I take when I get up is Excedrine.
Does anyone else have irritable bowel? Wow that hurts! Who knew waste could hurt so bad as it moves through your colon!?
As far as managing pain, I wish it were simple. Take a pill and it goes away, but I have found it takes several measures. I have a hot tub, very nice! I do yoga, I get Remicade infusions every 4 weeks for arthritis as well as take methotrexate. I also rest my back frequently. I am lying flat right now as I type because I was working on framing some photos and my back stopped me, but I will get back to it! Sorry rambling here!
Does anyone else get tendonitis easily? I got tennis elbow. Not from tennis, but from knitting! Ha a. I have to laugh at that one!
I also have pain that migrates. Anyone else?

My pain likes to migrate but it seems like the worst of it is in my neck/shoulders, knees, fingers/hands/wrists, elbows, ankles, and my upper thighs/hip areas.

I agree with you re:all over pain. Prior to my retirement I would get up and go feeling like I had been beaten all over.

Sometimes at night, when. Am getting ready for bed, I can hardly get my clothes off because my arms and legs are like concrete. Sometimes if I can get enough off, I'll sleep in the rest.

Texas, welcome to the forum. i see your are in McKinney. not far from me at all. im here if you have any questions. feel free to post and ask your own questions. good to see you are trying to learn about fibro.

I moved from Carrollton to McKinney two years ago - we like the slower life here.

great! mckinney is nice.
im look for a support group around here. would you like to go if i find one?

I find damp or cold weather bad. I can almost guarantee my pain will get worse with the dampness or the cold. This winter has been a bad one.

My pain is bad in my left shoulder/neck/back area. That never goes away. And when it's bad, it's REALLY bad. But I also get pain in my thighs and lots of muscle cramps in my right leg.

This thing we have is so strange. We are all so different and what works for one person may not work for another.

I work round the clock as I have to interact with foreign clients who are in different time zones. I experienced tremendous pain in November, 2013 in my lower back. I consulted several doctors but nothing worked for around 14 months. A friend gifted me a deep tissue massage at a spa through a platform named unbooked appointments. I had no expectations from it but I still went. I was completely surprised with the improvement. I think deep tissue massage is the best way to get rid of chronic pain.

My pain is normally in the form of really bad constant headaches, pain in my knees, stinging/burning/prickling sensation in the palms of my hands and soles of my feet, tense & tight shoulders/neck, and the feeling of being weighed down/heavy (like wearing wet/muddy clothes), or the feeling like I have been slammed against a wall. Sometimes it feels like a bad hangover (especially when my head feels fuzzy, like I cant concentrate properly - feeling vague)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back