Not open for further replies.

HDizzle

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TN
I went into the doctor because I had just worked 3 12 hour shifts and my body hurt so bad I couldn't stand it. For the most part it seems to be in my joints. My elbow will swell so bad these past few days that my fingers fall asleep :( my knees ache and will wake me up at night. The joint where my big toe attaches to my foot swells at hurts so bad it makes it hard to walk sometimes. I have swelling and stiffness in my hands and shoulders too. Here's the question. Do your joints get hot and swollen with FM? My mother was diagnosed with FM several years ago and my doctor told me she suspected that's what is wrong with me. I went to see a rheumatologist who was rude and told me there were so many people with pain and joint swelling worse than mine. Also said I had MILD arthritis. So here I am. Not sure what's going on. I get so fatigued, have IBS...ugh is this all common with Fibromyalgia?

Re: Questions for y'all

HDizzle,
Fibro effects many people in different ways, but the way you describe your pain it sounds a lot like osteoarthritis. This type causes joint swelling and pain, and can affect the joints of your toes. I have it in my big toe joints on both feet and when it flares I can hardly stand the pain. You might try using aspircreme as it warms the joint area and also numbs the pain.

Lots of folks use over the counter meds for this type of arthritis, but alternatives may work as well. Other members can share what they use and hopefully you will find some relief. It is a shame when your in pain and doctors feel the need to be rude and nasty. These types of doctors seem to have big ego's that if we goof and say the wrong thing then we pay by getting our feelings stamped on. These doctors need to tell you what you have and if you accidently said you thought you had something like fibro, they can be bullies in stead of being helpful to a new patient.

Sorry you went through that. Hope you will keep coming here and let us know how your doing. You can join in and post anywhere. Look forward to reading your posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back