Relieved but don't want to accept it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_price

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2013
Country
US
State
OH
My diagnosis of fibro was confirmed in Nov. I was so relieved to have a diagnosis that I didn't look at the big picture of a life long battle with pain, fatigue, and migraines. I'm sure there is a process that goes along with accepting this but I have no idea where I am in that process. Is anyone else struggling with their diagnosis? What's helping you deal with fibromyalgia and everything that goes along with it?

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Crystal, I had a hard time accepting my diagnosis... I was diagnoses 3 yeas ago or so, but I kept living in denial, until my doctor confronted me and told me I had to face it. I cried, I was sad and depressed. The first years I was feeling so hopeless, praying it wasn't what I thought, but to my dismay it was. Accepting it didn't happen overnight, it actually took a really long time to take place. Nowadays I'm trying to live one day at a time, because today is all we have, tomorrow is still iffy, so is better not to think about future.

The acceptance of this or any other diagnosis comes from within, there is no shortcut... sooner or later you just need to accept it and learn how to cope with it. The pain and migraines make it harder tho (I think I'm about to have one), but having a loving family that at least tries not to disturb you wen you are not feeling well is good enough :) It wasn't until now I'm learning to be more grateful for the good days and even the smallest happy moments :)

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back