Ok, that's it. I'm burned out on the pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siderea

Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
ND
Do you ever get the point where you can't stand the pain any longer, so you find a way to simply ignore it and try doing something you enjoy despite it? I'm sure we've all experienced getting "burned out" on feeling the pain. What is it that you do when you reach this burn out point? Are you even able to do something when you reach that "burn out" point, or is it so bad that you have to just stay in bed all day even though you're getting restless?

I turn to video games at this point - turn based games or non-action adventure games that move at your own pace. Not adrenaline rush games. They keep my mind very active, but they don't require a lot of body movement. I can't do this when the pain is in my hands, though, and when that happens I'm forced to spend my time watching TV or movies instead. I'm not as much of a TV fan because it doesn't keep my mind active, and I have a hard time focusing on TV. I can't necessarily ignore the pain while gaming, but it does distract me from it. When my mind gets to be invested in something challenging I notice the pain less.

I got to bed with my iPad and listen to Ted Talks or This American Life or something that engages me. If it's a warm sunny day, I'm in the lounge chair on the deck doing the same. If that doesn't work, I have to resort to pain meds, which I hate. It's hard enough being foggy without adding more fog.

Had asked dr for a pain reliever that would not cause grogginess...he gave me tramadol..it helps but i am sensitive to it so only take 1/4 pill at a time but it keeps the edge off so i can function...i also get a lot of relief from topicals , like soothanol x2 , or pain erase..
My pain got much worse when my vit d dropped too low this winter...i am working to get that back up, but its slow going..if its sunny out i sit out for 30 as well as supplementing...my pain levels are improving, but today i did grocery shopping and we have a severe storm....storms really hurt me....hoping you find, many things to help you...at times when pain is really bad..i get therapy or acupuncture...and just bought an acupressure mat...

today i did grocery shopping and we have a severe storm....storms really hurt me....hoping you find, many things to help you...at times when pain is really bad..i get therapy or acupuncture...and just bought an acupressure mat...

:cry: I'm sorry that the storms are hurting you... that's such a big trigger for fibro suffering. I know that we have storms in the forecast here for all the way through Saturday, too. It will probably be like that here until September... storm possibility a few times a week most of the summer. Then the cold starts soon after. Not sure which is worse!

I hope you'll let us know if your acupressure mat offers relief! Have you tried a heated mat as well?

Had asked dr for a pain reliever that would not cause grogginess...he gave me tramadol..it helps but i am sensitive to it so only take 1/4 pill at a time but it keeps the edge off so i can function...i also get a lot of relief from topicals , like soothanol x2 , or pain erase..
My pain got much worse when my vit d dropped too low this winter...i am working to get that back up, but its slow going..if its sunny out i sit out for 30 as well as supplementing...my pain levels are improving, but today i did grocery shopping and we have a severe storm....storms really hurt me....hoping you find, many things to help you...at times when pain is really bad..i get therapy or acupuncture...and just bought an acupressure mat...

I'm the same way with storms. It's horrible! I also get acupuncture about once a week and love it - I'm almost addicted to it because it feels so good. I have an acupressure mat too. It helps a lot sometimes, other times I'm too sensitive for it and it's way too intense. I hope you have success with yours!

I need to control the inflammation throughout my body. The only over the counter pill that works most effectively is Aleve.
Once, I watched Dr. Oz and he said that ginger or something can naturally combat inflammation.

I need to control the inflammation throughout my body. The only over the counter pill that works most effectively is Aleve.
Once, I watched Dr. Oz and he said that ginger or something can naturally combat inflammation.

Fighting inflammation is all about eliminating what causes your inflammation. I fought inflammation so bad that I had gained 30 lbs in 2 months. My doctor put me on a diet consisting only of food that heal my body, nothing that would hurt it. So I eat only grass fed beef and lamb, non-starchy tree nuts, and non-starchy or sugary vegetables. I lost those 30 lbs and then more rapidly, and my arthritis disappeared. He also has me taking 9 turmeric pills a day. Turmeric fights inflammation that's harder to fight.

Hi, new here, but not to fibro. When I am in a bad flare, I just do ice and hot and watch movies all day. My kids are all grown and can take care of themselves, but Ive had this stupid condition for almost 20 years and when they were little, sometimes it was a matter of throwing in a bunch of videos and laying on the couch with them or reading to them. If he gets really bad, I take some meds to get me through. I've been in a bad one for the last week and have cried a lot, as well as taking hot baths and meds. Stress really is a big trigger for me, and life has been really stressful lately.

I sometimes have found that a topical astringent confuses the nerves enough that what I feel is more "OMG that menthol is strong!" (not a bad feeling) instead of "Ouch, fibro hurts" (a bad feeling). It's still intense nerve sensation, but the menthol burn isn't exactly pain to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back