Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
hedon
Does anyone else find their CF much worse in summer? I basically find it non-existent in winter. While my muscle aches and pains are a lot worse in winter, my mental faculties are pretty much normal, the same certainly cannot be said for summer though.

Normally I find that I'm much better in the summer all over. Late Fall, rolling toward Thanksgiving, it seems to increase and become more difficult, with pain, including increased migraines, and foggy brain. This year, it has been constant since November/December. For me, I think my body is just done fighting. I took a month leave of absence to see if I can get myself together. The first week has not been positive, but we'll see.

I feel kinda slower during summer, I thought it was me only, lol. I thought I was just getting slow, both things might be true, but I feel much better during the winter. Aches are always bad when is very stormy tho. At least it is with this weird combination of weather and lack of humidity.

When the weather is cooler, like in the 70's or 80's, I feel pretty good. But when the weather goes to the high 80's or 90's, or above, I become very weak and a couch potato. Sit near fans and drink ice cold drinks, and wait for a cool rainy day. I love summer but hate hot muggy days.

No. There's not much variation between the seasons here so I don't experience this.

The heat, in general, is bothersome for me. I tend to appreciate and do much better in cool to moderate (and low humidity) climates.

Summer and hot weather spell misery for me! So, I can sympathize with anyone who feels slower, more drowsy, foggy-brained, and generally miserable throughout the season. I find that the glare of the sun can cause some awful flare-ups, particularly headaches, and of course there's no getting comfortable at bedtime in the heat of summer.

Luckily, it's a little cooler here at the moment, although last week the heat was like the fires of hell! I'm really looking forward to autumn and winter when I definitely feel fresher, and livelier in general.

yea you definitely feel more fatigue in the heat. even a normal person feels lazy and tired.

We're having a massive heat wave here right now, and everyone I know with fibromyalgia is having a flare.

For some reason I'm having it terrible now. Despite having an otherwise OK summer. I'm not sure why this is. I think humidity is more of a factor than heat overall.

I am usually totally the opposite. I wonder why that is? Although, this year has been year-round. We had a vacation where the temp was high 90's to 103, but was a dry heat. I actually felt pretty good for me. Back home, I'm getting nervous that this is the new norm all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back