Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
hedon
This isn't just the normal sort of "need to stretch" morning aches, but finding all my joints extremely stiff for about 2-3 hours after I wake up. It's worse from the moment i get up and very gradually fades over the morning. Does anyone know what this is and what I should do about it.

This doesn't happen to me often, at least not daily, but it does happen from time to time. I have read plenty of posts from people here who seem to experience this often, if not daily. Isn't uncommon at all to wake up with stiff muscles for someone with fibro, sadly. Some are more lucky than others tho.

Those are the same exact symptoms I suffer. I have consistently, talked about my auto-immune disease, Thyroid challenges. Specifically, I suffered from the hyperthyroid condition, Graves’ disease. I was given a radioactive zap which destroyed, or killed, my thyroid. Then I became a hypothyroid patient. I take medication each and every day.
I have close family members who suffer auto-immune diseases, Thyroid Cancer, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Diabetes. We all have morning stiffness as a common symptom. I also have asthma.
Each morning I go through a little bit of hell. The muscle aches, and stiffness are too much. Yet, I must get up and move. Moving makes me feel much better.

Those are the same exact symptoms I suffer. I have consistently, talked about my auto-immune disease, Thyroid challenges. Specifically, I suffered from the hyperthyroid condition, Graves’ disease. I was given a radioactive zap which destroyed, or killed, my thyroid. Then I became a hypothyroid patient. I take medication each and every day.
I have close family members who suffer auto-immune diseases, Thyroid Cancer, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Diabetes. We all have morning stiffness as a common symptom. I also have asthma.
Each morning I go through a little bit of hell. The muscle aches, and stiffness are too much. Yet, I must get up and move. Moving makes me feel much better.

What is your timeframe? How long does it take you to feel better after you have gotten up? I find for most people they seem to be at their best just after midday.

I sometimes have headaches when I get up. I sleep long hours because of CFS and some days my head just throbs for an hour or so. I think those of you suffering from morning aches should start some kind of stretching regime if possible.

I don't know what might be causing that, but I think that some supplements might help. Have you tried any supplement for the joints?

I don't know what might be causing that, but I think that some supplements might help. Have you tried any supplement for the joints?

Do you mean like cod liver oil? I did in the past but it didn't really help. I've now found that getting up, taking a glass of water being somewhat active then going back to bed really seems to help. By this I mean getting up at 6 for 10 minutes then going back to bed until 8am.

I don't know if the regular supplements for muscle pains like magnesium could help in this case, but I guess that wouldn't hurt to try.

I don't know if the regular supplements for muscle pains like magnesium could help in this case, but I guess that wouldn't hurt to try.

I've actually found magnesium can make it worse actually. I'm not actually sure why though. Maybe it's the quality of the magnesium that I'm taking.

I take Glucosamine 500 mg.,Chondroitin Sulfate 400 mg. and MSM. 500 mg. it really works for me. I've been taking it for 10 yrs. before I started taking it, if I stood for a while I could not walk for several mins. and I couldn't even open a baby food jar. I also have osteo. I also wake up stiff in the mornings.

Hedon, I've got two heating pads going in the morning...my whole body feels "Frozen"...I look pitiful walking to the kitchen for my first cup of coffee...I take a tramadol with my coffee and then go back and lay down on my heating pads....I follow up with a hot shower ...I won't know what to do if I ever wake up not feeling like I turned into a tree while I was sleeping...just part of my fibro symptoms.

Hedon, I've got two heating pads going in the morning...my whole body feels "Frozen"...I look pitiful walking to the kitchen for my first cup of coffee...I take a tramadol with my coffee and then go back and lay down on my heating pads....I follow up with a hot shower ...I won't know what to do if I ever wake up not feeling like I turned into a tree while I was sleeping...just part of my fibro symptoms.

Yup that is pretty much my mornings. i HAVE to wake up 2 hours before I am to go to work so my tramadol and coffee kick in and my joints become unstiff. Feels like I'm making fists as hard as I can all night. every joint in my hand and finger hurt so bad, same w my jaw. so sore and stiff.

I've also started glucosamine. but do it every other day, the pill is HUGE. It has helped with my hip and knees. I just found it in liquid form this week - joint juice. may try it. i take it before bed with the hopes of waking up pain free ISH. at least some relief.

my craziest thoughts are that i dont want to sleep sometimes cause i know it will bring on pain, but then im in so much pain i can't move then want to sleep. oh vicious cycle!

Wow , This is my morning every day pain, stiffness. I drink a cup of warm water with lemon juice and a little cayenne pepper first thing. I've read it detox e's the liver. So much pain medication daily. I figured it can't hurt. I weaned off of Cymbalta. Mornings are horrendous. Just starting Savella. We will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back