Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
US
State
MA
Hope someone can relate to never being able to understand their fibro because its always changing!
I've had vague symptoms for years, just never felt "good" and never had answers. Chronic nausea, vomiting, IBS, intermittent fatigue have been an issue since I was 18 (I'm now 31). This past April, my fingers started with a weird tingling/numbness, some days worse than others, but I wasn't concerned enough to get checked.
Then in July I started having shooting pains, a few shots down my leg, then my arm, then my foot, sometimes it feels like my chest is being electrically shocked... it REALLY freaked me out at first, I thought I had MS or something. The pains were so severe they caused my arm/leg to jerk violently with each shot of pain. Those pains happened every evening/night for a week, then I started having a few days without, now I only have those shots of pain once in a while (one or two shots every other day or so).
In August my back gave out and that still hasn't resolved, going to PT, stretching, exercising, heat/ice, muscle relaxers, at 31 years old it should be improving faster than it is, but as long as there's improvement I'm happy.
Last month I started getting more of the creepy crawly sensation, feeling like there are bugs crawling on me but I check and there never are. lol. I've started ignoring these sensations but there is the rare occasion that I reach to scratch that tickle and actually DO find a spider, YUCK!
Last week I started getting more vibration sensations and occasionally felt like I was being poked in the leg with a hot iron poker. These sensations made me laugh because they are just so absurd!
Now tonight I'm having unprovoked muscle/skin pain for the first time. My triceps, shoulders, and chest feel SOO bruised to touch, brushing against the pillow hurts. This feels more classic of fibro, based on what I've read. Awesome, just scratched my stomach and now that's feeling bruised as well. My outter thighs almost always feel tender to touch, but holy crap tonight its the whole top half of my body.
Will symptoms ever stop changing? When I asked the Rheum in sept if I should expect this to progress, she said expect the pains/sensations to *change* but not necessarily worsen. So far that seems true. The shooting pains are rare, but now this tender to touch thing... has me nervous it will be debilitating. Ok, I've ranted enough :)

Okay missy, you're going to get a lecture.....Those of us who have pain issues related to fibro, will inevitably have tingly fingers and/or pain down the arms and possibly the chest. I've had them. I've been to the ER because of them just to be sure that's all it is. Once it was plurecy. A couple of times it was nothing, but I have had TWO issues related to what you've described where they were actually related to my heart. Once was what they called a heart event. I was on vacation in Alaska when it happened. My husband insisted on taking me to the "hospital" in this small isolated town. They kept me in the hospital overnight to observe me and I then had to followup with my doc to do some tests to check my heart. The second one happened last October. Guess what, it wasn't fibro changing. It was a mild heart attack! I probably wouldn't have even gone into the hospital if my parent's hadn't basically threatened me. My husband works out of town so wasn't coming home that night. I ended up in the hospital for 4 days. We all need to be really careful that we don't poo poo off pains and tingles and feelings of cold down the arms.

Okay lecture over. I haven't heard of vomiting being a fibro side affect. Have you asked your doc about that? Hang in there. And, gentle hugs from afar....Take care.... <3

I know it is frustrating, I literally cry and wish it would just pick a spot. Seems as though there is a new pain in a new spot everyday. I have gotten to the point that sometimes I laugh at where it has decided to hurt at any given moment and then the frustration and pain sets in. I am 5 months into this fibro thing as mine seemed to be triggered by a virus, Human Parvo Virus B19 which also caused a viral arthritis. I caught it from my grandson who had Fifth's disease. I've had brain MRI's, back MRI's, CT scans, blood work until I felt bled dry and have been on numerous meds as well as spent 3 nights in the hospital. PT since July and my muscles are weaker instead of stronger and I am in more pain after PT, I have fallen twice and my thought process is so foggy it is amazing I have kept my job. Everyday I wish and I keep wishing and praying for this to go away.. HUGS

Im Sitting here writing this feeling like someone beat the crap out of me, I get pains everywhere. But mostly I just hurt like I've been in a bad fight ,nights and morning worse mostly.its like having RA all the stiffness and pain without being able to see it in a blood test. It won't stop your life ,but it will change it. Laugh at it when u can fight it when you have to, but always be kind enough to your body to no when to rest it sand I'm a mum of four so I no u can't just go to bed, sending hugs your way welcome to the site xx

Fibro should be a dance....because it dances all over your body! You remember Steve Martin as a wild and crazy guy on Saturday Night Live..that kind of epileptic dance he would do with Dan A. -- that's how I think I look every day when I get up and start walking...never know what part of my body will be painful and throw me into Steve's Martin's dance moves. What the heck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back