Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for posting that 1sweed. seems no one has posted any research on the subject.

I just ordered a 1.3 oz jar of CBD oil salve, we shall see if it helps deaden knee joint pain and maybe the femoral nerve damage too. I still want to try PRP or Prolozone injections, but keep dragging myself to spend the bigger bucks.... I'm resigned to a lot of what's left in my life, good thing I had a good first 3/4ths of my life...

We all have our issues, not just FM.

To everyone out there I have been on Cannabis for a while now and I have to tell everyone that it is truly a miracle for me. I was on so much medications that life for me was very grim. I contemplated suicide I didn`t think there is any light at the end of the tunnel. I found a terrific Doctor who prescribed medical marijuana to me. I have to tell everyone it has been a miracle! Do you know the most amazing thing of all is my heart I was on blood pressure meds and had rapid heart beats sometimes it would fell like my heart was fluttering. I have slowly with the Doctors help come off of all the medications and I am just taking medical marijuana now. I have even stopped the blood pressure medication with the Doctors advise. Now my blood pressure is totally normal. NO more rapid heart beats or flutters, I stopped Lyrica Tramadol Cymbalta Meloxicam and even Blood pressure medication. I NOW HAVE A LIFE!

Oh I have to stress to everyone that I do NOT recommend you stop taking your medication a specially if you are on blood pressure medications. I did this under the care of a doctor and do not advise you to stop taking your medication yourself. You have to be under the care of a Doctor who can monitor your health as you reduce meds carefully.

Lana, tell me, how do use MJ? I never got on any of the so called FM drugs, but do take BP meds for a while now. I just got the above CBD salve so I'll how it helps...I'm not interested in smoking. Ibuprofen and pain rx pain supps get me thru my day, for me OA pain issues are my worst challenge. I take a lot of other supps and always have. Not a fancier of drugs. J

Smoke it in a well ventilated area, or even outside, you have to get past the condemnation. I believe the Good Lord knows what you are going through. I'm going to try medical MJ. But it costs 200.00 for a card. So, will see. My husband was in a serious accident YRS ago, He's smoked, the whole time we've been married. I thought he quit when the kids were born, either I was tooooo busy, or he hid it very well, because, I did not suspect it. He has a anger problem, I think he has a major depression problem , but, when he smokes he's even tempered. Better than booze.

I go to my Dr on Friday to fill out the neccaseary paper work. Here in BC Canada it is legal. I will be using a vaporizer . The company helps you figure out what stains to use and when. They give , or should I say sell, you a starter pack in the beginning with 4 different strengths plus the vaporizer. Then they get you to log your usage etc. it sounds like good support.

Hi all,
I've been using medical cannabis for two months now and can report that my fibromyalgia pain levels have gone from 8-9 on some days to 2-3 now. I have asthma so vaping or smoking MMJ doesn't work for me, but I use two teaspoons of Tora Bora, a plant high in CBD which is a pain relieving part of the plant, suspended in pure virgin coconut oil each day. At night I take one teaspoon of Northern Lights, a plant variety that's high in THC-A, the ingredient that is most helpful for sleep and suppressing muscle spasms also suspended in pure virgin coconut oil.

My sleep is better as I am now getting the restorative sleep benefits that only occur in stages 3 and 4 of sleep, and that's helping my fibro as well. I don't have a problem functioning every day on the high CBD I take morning and afternoon since it's not psychoactive, and I don't wake up groggy on the high THC-A I take every evening before bed, either. I sleep through any psychoactive actions the high THC-A might cause, and I find I dream less, a sign I'm finally getting into the more restorative sleep stages I've not gotten to experience in the years I've struggled with fibro.

My MMJ caregiver grows my plants for me and then makes the products I use. I take 20 tablespoons of the Tora Bora and 10 tablespoons of Northern Lights a month (2 tsp and 1tsp each day accordingly) and it costs around $150per month. Thankfully, I live in a state that has had medical cannabis available for almost 15 years to those of us who see a doctor and get an annual MMJ card. The cost for that is around $80/year and is well worth it.

I would highly recommend folks try various types of the edible medical forms of cannabis, ie the "medibles", before giving up on MMJ. It took a couple of months to determine which type and form worked best for me, so don't give up, just keep trying.

Several news media outlets have done recent stories on Charlotte's Web, the high CBD oil from a plant that's almost 100% CBD with only trace amounts of THC, the psychoactive part of the plant, that they're using on kids with dangerous seizures. But after reading about it, I also found out that our bodies need some THC every day to help the CBD work better. The THC isn't recommended for anyone under 21, though.

Folks, go to The Science of Medical Marijuana or a similar site that helps explain the uses of medical cannabis and then if you can, try it. Or just do your own search for medical cannabis and fibromyalgia and see what you find. It's been a miracle drug for me, especially after 20 years of trying everything else under the sun, none of which ever gave me as much relief as I'm getting now on cannabis. I'm a skeptic, as are some of you all, so I understand if you don't want to take my word for it. Go research it and then make the decision for yourself.

I'll try to get back on here from time to time and update how I'm doing on cannabis, but I gotta tell you, after trying cannabis for 2 months I'm beginning to get my life back and that fact alone is awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's great to hear success stories. I've been using a high potency marijuana cream made with coconut oil. I use it in different spots on different days. Also recently got a vape. It has helped me to be able to sleep. I still need to get CBD capsules. Encouraging! Yes, continue to keep posting updates! :)

CBD capsules have helped me immensely with fibro pain but also, my blood pressure is much better and I sleep better. So far, I've not tried the THC products.

Pharma is fighting this legalization as it would cut TOO DEEPLY into their drugs and profits.

I didn't realize Canada has legalization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back