Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
WOMEN!
Please if you have a Mamogram done insist your feet are flat in the ground while examining. The pain afterwords was excruciatingly painful in my back and I thought was going to send me to the er. Insist YOUR NOT ALL TWISTED.

I had two in my early 50's and none since and I'll be 77. No way, will they do that barbaric test on my breasts again. I've done enough reading and research over many years and I'm very content with MY choice. I take supps for breast health insurance and Iodine for all tissues in our body including breast tissues. J

I do self exams periodically and my MD does her exams when I see her.

Whoever did your mammogram didn't position you properly. Your feet should be flat on the ground and you are not supposed to be twisted.

There is a lot of debate about the frequency of mammograms. I continue to have mine every two years, along with monthly breast exams due to the number of women in my family who have had either breast cancer or multiple biopsies. I had a biopsy in my 30s, but have been clear since.

Back in the "old" days the women didn't go thru these tests, and I don't know of anyone in my family with BC, my mom got a postcard from a doctor she had seen and this doc wanted her to have a mamm at 86, my mom called me and asked me if she should, I said "mom no way, you are fine"....she lived to 91 and died of other issues. A good friend who is 70, never has done one. Anyway, we make our choices. She takes iodine as well. She has been a HUGE influence in my alternative/holistic healing life.

False Positives.... This is part of info from an online doctor today:

Thirty-nine million American women get mammograms each year. Over their lifetimes, one in eight women will receive a breast cancer diagnosis, but FOUR of the eight will have at least one false positive within a decade.

Unfortunately, working up false positives sometimes kills people. Studies show that the incidence of mammography actually saving women’s lives is extremely low—and routine screenings may actually be harmful. When you get a false positive, your physician will feel compelled to steer you toward a series of unnecessary medical interventions that may result in physical and psychological suffering, financial strain, and even cancer. False positives can result in the loss of a breast or even death, in rare cases. A cancer diagnosis may also interfere with your eligibility for medical insurance.

Note that as long as the changes in laws under Obamacare hold, now you cannot be denied insurance or put in a higher risk group after a cancer diagnosis. This was an incredible relief for me. That, and being able to get insurance reasonably through the healthcare exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back