instant, cheap topical relief

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol..... Never know what you'll get when you ask a question Eyesup! I assume Colorado has legalized mmj? Fingers crossed for you! ;-)

An add to my comments about mmj/coconut oil, the stuff I get is very high amounts of mmj, probably more than from dispensary.

I wish we could have it here in the uk.the only way anyone can get it is in a joint.but we don't want to get high .we want pain relief .
and even if we could smoke it how the hell can u be high as a kite with a family to look after.
I offend wonder what planet the government is on.

Forgetmenot, They are starting to produce plants that are higher in CBD (the pain reliever) and lower in THC. I don't want to get high. I don't like that feeling. I have some higher in CBD here, but haven't used it much, partly because I forget I have it, but mostly because I don't like to smoke it, so I don't know if it really works. I need to try it out consistently, I guess to see if it works or not.

Yes Colorado is one that is legal for recreational so you don't even have to pay medical prices. Forgetmenot I'm with you, I can't do life high, but the new strains are directed more at physical pain and less at psychological numbing. And I'm sure topically it would be even less. Herbs have always had the oils "squeezed" out of them same for maryjane and I'm pretty sure there is a way to boil it to make a tincture. these would be the way to make it topical. I promise coconut oil (kept slightly warm) with some clove oil works great. Recently I ran out of clove and used thieves and I like it too.
Yes, the joy of open threads...keep it going long enough and we will all be sipping pina coladas in the tropics while getting mj coconut/Clove massages! Works for me. ; )

I love clove! Does it help with pain? I have clove oil....Hmmmm! I have had a mmj massage once. ;-) My old massage therapist did it. Felt great, but I don't think the stuff she used was as potent as the stuff I use. I didn't find any significant decrease in pain like when I use my stuff.

I just read some interesting info on a product, so I picked it up at Amazon. I haven't had a chance to try it more than once, but intend too. It was rated very high and all my research turned up that it seemed to work. It has Topricin in it called, MyPainAway Fibro Cream. I'll let you know if it works.....

terbaer- The "PainAway did not work for me. I hope it does for you. With all the mj talk I was wondering; as I am on opiods for 2 different chronic pain issues I now have to take random urine tests. Last time I saw my pain management Dr. he said if I were to go on mj for pain--which is legal here now with a script--I could no longer get help from him, by law. So it is one or the other. I can get the mj cream without a script but I highly suspect any use of mj would show up in a urine test--and now I spoke about it with my Dr. they may test me for that now. (he also told me he has had patients that do take mj for whatever pain reason as it wasn't working well enough and he has had to turn them away.) At least I KNOW the opiods work.
Has anyone been to Colorado since they passed the recreation use law? The cities have scores of stoned people hanging about, NOT working.

So I'm always looking for instant topical relief! Prescription was exspensive and I built a tolerance, capzasin I had to dilute, wash my hands very well and somehow got it in my eye one night. Muscle rubs didn't give relief for more then a few minutes.
My new favorite... I melted coconut oil added a few drops off clove and put it in a spray bottle. It works better then anything else I've used, almost instant relief, last hours and is very inexpensive!
I would love to know if anyone else has tried this or does try it and how it works for you.

I love this idea!!!! I am so telling my mom about it, we have a lot coconut oil we aren't even using! By the way, when you say drops of clove you mean clove oil? Or just leave a couple cloves in the oil for a couple days?

I just use oil but I'm sure you could infuse the fresh clove. Clove is great for pain, I'm going to pu some euculipose oil and add it to c if I get more anti inflammatory from it. But I always have my mix on hand. My hubby even asks for it in his back. (He was reluctant to try it). I like the smell of clove so it was any easy choice for me, but there are a lot of oils that work topically.
Ruralchick, that is too funny about Colorado. We lived in SF for two years and i thought everyone was stoned there also. Maybe my fibro fog will come across as normal in Colorodo! Lol more reason to move.

I'm sorry to hear that you get drug tested Ruralchick. I too use opoids and can't imagine not having them available when I need them, especially since I can't take any ibu, naproxen or anything like it, so I'm stuck if I didn't have hydrocodone for my worse pain days.

I've used My Pain Away a few times, but keep rubbing my mmj pain cream on after. I guess I need to use it alone to see if it works! lol

I'm intrigued about trying clove oil. I have some, so will mix it with my mmj cream to see if it works even better. The only unfortunate thing with any cream, is it doesn't get into the deep down pain. It helps most of the pain areas, but I hurt deep in my joints and bones. Maybe the added clove oil will help a little more. Thank you for the info Eyesup!

I make a topical liniment for my local hospitals pain clinic. I use organic habanero pepper powder, coconut oil, turmeric (for inflammation) and few other 'secret' ingredients. I personally cannot use it due to nerve issues, but I constantly get compliments on how it has given people their life back. One gentleman had told his doctor (my friend) his shingles had kept him awake for years. The night he tried my special liniment, he said it was the first time he slept through the night, pain free, in many years. I have a friend with MS who keeps some in her purse everywhere she goes, and her husband swears it is the best thing he has ever used for back pain. Mu husband, and his entire crew at work all swear by it. The biggest issue I have had was creating scents that people find pleasing (the ingredients have their own odor that most do not ind soothing.

I fully support people thinking outside of the medical box we are often lumped into, as if we all dealt with pain in identical ways. I spent many months adjusting my recipe to the one I use now, and although i cannot use it, I am truly thankful it has brought others relief. I do suggest to those who want to make their own topical pain treatments, try various methods, ingredients, cook times etc. It is surprising how just cooking a little less, or longer, really impacts efficacy. Or even a simple teaspoon of an ingredient can make a profound difference.

Whenever I make a batch, I am actually able to wear my rings because the swelling in my hands is so reduced. Amazing stuff!
I'm going to have to try your recipe! An old friend used to make a homemade liniment then rub my neck and shoulders with it. After a hard day pushing through the pain, it did the trick. But I never got his recipe. It was different than this. He used green alcohol for his base. Maybe there was some eucapytus oil in it. It really cleared my sinuses, too.

My take is that the best pain relief creams have basic ingredients which are the active principles key to pain relief. The best category of these creams contain capsaicin an active principle found in hot peppers and are an effective tool for long term treatment of fibro. Capsaicin creams bring incredible pain relief because capsaicin works by destroying Substance P, a peptide released when the nervous system is stimulated and is responsible for carrying pain signals to the brain. It is important to keep a pain journal to record medicines one uses in order to know what works best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back