Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2010
Country
US
State
Ca
For the sleep issues with fibromyalgia i have been using tea mostly Lavender & Chamomile.
It helps me get to sleep. It doesn't really help with the quality of sleep just to get to sleep.
For my times of extreme fatigue i have been using small amounts of nicotine, I quit smoking cigarettes and have been vaping for a longtime now, It has continued to help with the fatigue. I know nicotine isnt good for you but it does help.
I use to drink alot of coffee & Soda to but recently cut way back on both want to try to stay away from having alot of caffeine

Last edited:
The tea sounds like a good an tasty tip. I also keep a bottle of essential oil blend that has lavender by the bed, so if I start feeling anxiety,
I take a few whiffs.

I had quit smoking too years ago; however, back in January I was really getting bombarded with ailments and was very frustrated, angry, depressed, so I asked a neighbor for a cigarette. At least mentally, it made me feel better. I started buying and would have a few cigarettes a week. Helped with the constipation issues too. But I did not want to start up again, so luckily I stopped. I've thought about vaping but kind of worry about what else is in it other than nicotine.

Agree with you on the caffeine, but in moderation may be good for some. I have no choice, I wake up with headaches and neck stiffness. No NSAIDs have worked. I used to do acupressure on my hand for the rare headaches I would get pre-fibro, but that doesn't work anymore; caffeine is the only thing that does.

Chamomile and lavender tea are quite good options to correct insomnia or sleeplessness which may be accompanied by pain and migraine headaches. A warm glass(es) of milk would also work in this regard. Covering your face with a warm cloth and immersing your face in a bowl of hot water will induce deep sleep. So is taking a hot bath before going to sleep. Melatonin is also a good supplement. In my humble opinion, nicotine and caffeine are a no go zone since they are stimulants.

Melatonin is also a good supplement.

I agree that melatonin is worth a shot. I had tried it years ago for sleep issues, but never worked for me; tried up to 3mg.

I also find having a high-carb dinner will help with my sleep. For example last night I had stir-fry vegetables with whole wheat noodles for dinner, and I slept better than nights when I do animal protein. But of course, it all depends on what your body can handle, metabolically speaking.

I've thought about vaping but kind of worry about what else is in it other than nicotine.
QUOTE]

Ive actually been making my own eliquid from home for a while. Whats in it is Propylene Glycol and Vegetable glycerin and then you can add any flavor you want to it. Im only using 3mg nicotine.

The tea sounds like a good an tasty tip. I also keep a bottle of essential oil blend that has lavender by the bed, so if I start feeling anxiety,
I take a few whiffs.

I had quit smoking too years ago; however, back in January I was really getting bombarded with ailments and was very frustrated, angry, depressed, so I asked a neighbor for a cigarette. At least mentally, it made me feel better. I started buying and would have a few cigarettes a week. Helped with the constipation issues too. But I did not want to start up again, so luckily I stopped. I've thought about vaping but kind of worry about what else is in it other than nicotine.

Agree with you on the caffeine, but in moderation may be good for some. I have no choice, I wake up with headaches and neck stiffness. No NSAIDs have worked. I used to do acupressure on my hand for the rare headaches I would get pre-fibro, but that doesn't work anymore; caffeine is the only thing that does.

I have bad migraines have you tried Excedrin Migraine ? Its almost the only thing that works for me.

I've thought about vaping but kind of worry about what else is in it other than nicotine.
QUOTE]

Ive actually been making my own eliquid from home for a while. Whats in it is Propylene Glycol and Vegetable glycerin and then you can add any flavor you want to it. Im only using 3mg nicotine.

oh wow, didn't know you could do home brewing, lol! I may look into it, since I was thinking about doing the gum.

I take a few whiffs.

I have Bad Migraine Headaches Have you tried Excedrin Migraine? It Really Works for Me.

I have Bad Migraine Headaches Have you tried Excedrin Migraine? It Really Works for Me.

It probably would work now, but I don't bother. Once I developed this condition, aspirin, acetaminophen and ibuprofen became useless--didn't help the headaches nor the bodily pains. I'm sure the Excerin Migraine would work, because of the caffeine it contains. I was lucky that the local Dollar Tree got in a lot of Excerin mild headache relief (only 325mg of Tylenol plus caffeine). It works, I take it if I get a headache while out and not near a Starbucks. But otherwise, by the time I finish 1/2 a cup of coffee in the AM, the headache is gone.

There is a medical paper out there where they did a study on the effects of caffeine on skeletal muscle contraction, but only the abstract is readily available. When I have the headaches, my neck muscles stiffen up like a board, and after caffeine, they loosen right up. So there must be a connection.

I'm glad something works for your headaches.

Thanks for sharing your tips with us :D I haven't had any kind of issues falling asleep lately (my sleep quality hasn't been good for a while), but when I do the first thing I try is taking my vitamin B pills, as well as some Valerian root pills my doctor prescribed me. Exercising in the morning has always helped me get a decent sleep, even during the most stressing times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back