Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2010
Country
US
State
Ca
I have just received my tens unit which is electro shock therapy its something that I can wear while im out to. It has helped with my fibromyalgia pain. If you haven't looked into getting a tens unit you should it does help.

Also I have been drinking kava tea and that also helps relax the overall tension but its only for some people I have read there can be side effects for some and you can get sick if its to strong.

Someone local to me was selling a tens unit on CL brand new for $50 (that sells for over double online), now I'm sorry I didn't get it : (

I see there are some cheaper analog units online <$20. If you don't mind me asking, why kind did you get?

My horses vet gave me one several months back when I had him out for an accident my horse had. He had to stitch up her jaw so I had to hold her head. I had pulled the mid back muscles all the way into my shoulderblades several weeks before and with fibro, as we all know, it wasn't getting better. So, when he sedated her and said I needed to hold her head up, I took a gulping swallow and said, "Okay." As I was doing it, my back pain kept increasing. I had to stop and grab something to sit on and put her muzzle in my lap and told him to continue. I'm still having to hold it up, but not as high as I was elevated. About another 20 minutes into it, I told him about my back pain and said I was going down, leaned my head along the stall wall and proceeded to almost pass out. He asked if it was due to the large amount of blood or the pain, I weakly replied, "The pain." He tells me he's almost done, so I'm still hanging on. Once he finished, I get Gracie (my horse) in her stall and followed him out of the barn. He reaches in to the back where all of his supplies are and pulls this box out. It was a tens unit. Someone gave it to him. He told me to take it and try it out and said he hoped it worked. He never used it so didn't know.

I was amazed! It definitely is worth it to get one. The unit he gave me looked like the sticky pads were a bit worn so I looked them up. This thing was over $250 brand new! You can definitely get them much cheaper on Amazon. I had actually been looking into them when he gave it to me. I would highly suggest giving it a try! (I keep forgetting I have it! I use it for a while, then put it back in the box, and forget about it.) They are great because you can put them on, put the unit in a sweatshirt or jacket pocket and go out. I was using it every time I went to my daughter's basketball games. Thanks for the reminder! I'm headed upstairs to my bathroom to grab it! I could have used it for the past couple months. I've had significantly high pain levels, with two areas specifically feeling like pulled/spastic muscles.

Gentle hugs....

Mine is a GSM HD Combo from golden state medical

Be careful with kava kava, it has caused liver failure in some people already. It all depends on what part of the plant is used to make the tea, anyway, with this kind of products you can never be too sure. So be careful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back