I had my first fibro-attributed clumsiness this morning....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegAthLes

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
FL
I have a Keurig because I'm the only one in my family who drinks coffee, so I can make it one cup at a time. I also have a re-usable K-cup because so. much. trash. Well, today I was making my coffee before a phone interview for a podcast, and when I was trying to twist the lid on the k-cup dealie, I couldn't get my fingers to work. It's like they were stiff from being cold, but in a different way. They didn't feel stiff, but they reacted that way. Sluggish, I guess. So I tried one more time, and ended up dropping the whole thing.

Grrr!

Oh, man!

I've had so much clumsiness like this over the last few years and such bad luck that it almost always happens in stores-- in public-- and everyone stares.
It's not a nice feeling at all... but it happens.
It even happens-- in perhaps slightly lesser degrees-- to people without fibro; so we're not alone at least?

Hi, new to the group and newly diagnosed with fibro. I've had that clumsiness too. Of course always in public with tons of people present. I've literally done a full body splat onto a concrete side walk because I lost total feeling in my foot and leg. Was mortified. I've learned to just pick myself up, brush the dust off and laugh at myself. It beats the alternative of having an ugly cry meltdown in front of complete strangers. I'm still digesting the diagnoses, trying to stay positive while being scared to death of the drastic changes in my once healthy and active life. It's good to know there are others I can go to who understand where I am coming from, and know how it feels to have fibro. Looking forward to being here and meeting some really great fibro friends. : )

VegathLes,
I know that feeling well and that clumsiness where I am either dropping something or turn too sharp and almost lose my balance. And the falling down which I get when I try to step over something, anything and the next thing I know I am hitting the ground. It is so embarrassing, but I say a few choice words under my breath and try to get up without looking totally stupid, not as easy as one might hope, then lol and walk away.
I still don't understand why our brains fail to get command signals some of the time. It is very hard to deal with, anyways my heart goes out to you and thumbs-up for trying to be such a good sport about it. :)

I have trigger finger and my hand will cruel up.and feel stiff.
I also walk sideways somedays.and don't pick my feet up.not great when trying to walk the dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back