Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CZ
State
Czech Republic
Are these symptoms normal? I am really tired most of the time, without doing anything. That is probably the worst of my complaints, the rest I can deal with.

But my head feels unusually heavy and the back of my neck burns (like a massive sunburn that won't go away) and the burning spreads up to my head and down to my back and out to my shoulders. This whole area is extremely sensitive to the touch, but my cold hands do ease the burning sometimes.

Another big problem for me is brain fog. That's the best way I know to describe it. I have to write everything down otherwise I forget. I have even forgot my bank card PIN a few times. Luckily my hubby was near and could step in and take care of it. (We were in the market food shopping and my mind went totally blank) I can go about 2 hours and then I start being easily irritated, noise really bothers me, and I just have to lie down.

Oh, I forgot about sensitivity to cold, which has been going on for over 2 years now. And the middle part of my back is pretty much ok. But the upper and lower parts are in constant pain (bearable, but extremely frustrating).

Does this sound like fibro or cfs? I've been to the doctors and am just impatient. For a long while my doctor just told me to rest and take it easy. I used to be very active and enjoy working, but now I'm not physically able and I'm trying to figure out how to get a part of my old life back. The psychologist told me that I may just have to accept this as a 'new normal.' So I'm trying to figure out what 'this' is. Any ideas?
Thanks

It sounds like it could be both.but yes fibro will do all of that and more

Thanks for the reply. Now it looks like I'll be waiting for about 3 months to get an appointment with the rheumatologist. I don't want drugs, but I do want a treatment program other than, 'rest and take it easy.' I want to feel better, take care of my family, and go back to work and just the thought of so much activity nearly brings me to tears. My hubby is so understanding but I just feel so bad complaining to him all the time. I feel so lazy. I want to get up and do something. Sorry for the rant. Thanks for listening.

Sound like Fibromyalgia with Cronic Fatigue. The two go hand-in-hand. That is, they often occur together.

It could be, but it's best to get diagnosed as other conditions can have similar symptoms.

I get that burning skin sensation sometimes, only it is usually on the tops of my feet and shins. Anything that touches the skin makes it burn worse - it was very painful to wear shoes for a while. Having a fan blow on the area is be soothing for me. Cold packs work too.

I really understand the feeling that you want to be able to do more. I've also found that I can actually make myself feel worse if I feel like I'm a bad person for being ill. I try really hard to view this illness as something impersonal, like the weather. Otherwise I start to spiral down. It helps me to focus on what I can do rather than spend too much time thinking about what I can't do anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back