Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2016
Country
US
State
AL
I've had migraines, back, and arthritis pain for years. A couple months ago, I started getting light headed spells and my doctor sent me to a neurologist, who after many tests diagnosed me with degenerative disc disease, carpal tunnel, and fibromyalgia all at once. I was dealing with the pain okay until 3 days ago. I woke up Friday and couldn't move my left arm or leg at all. My boyfriend could move them and I could feel them, but I had no control over my left side. We went to the er and the doctor said it was probably the fibro, have me a shot of Valium, and sent me home. I regained control of my arm, but 3 days later I still can't move my leg. I'm setting an appointment with my regular doctor tomorrow when his office opens, but meanwhile I tried doing some research online. Nothing I can find links loss of muscle control to fibromyalgia, just articles about MS. Any information anyone can give is greatly appreciated to help calm this anxiety of the unknown.

Hi I was diagnosed yesterday officially, although it had been suggested before. i have less feeling on my right side than on my left. i realised this when a physio therapist ran a paper towel down each side and i felt less on my right. i do have a lot of pain in my right leg. i have woken up in bed an been unable to move. i just have to focus and try to turn over. i eventually manage it, i have got my partner to help roll me over and that helps but its horrific pain when this happens and i try to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back