Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Massachusetts
I've had back pain for years (15+) but over the past 5 or so is when I have developed the widespread pain. THe fatigue has been for 3+ years....but it all came to a head this past Feb. I had extreme fatigue and pain - thought I had the flu. Also had panic attacks. Doctor (NP actually) said it was all anxiety. GRRR

When to a therapist and lo and behold, she has fibro and started questioning whether I had it. Part of me always felt like something was off....I've asked my doctors to test my thyroid and iron levels repeatedly. The more I read, the most I feel like I have it. I've gotta make an appointment with a doctor (except I hate doctors)

so, how is it that now, it's bad? now I can really feel it? does it ebb and flow? I'm thinking feb was a breaking point, a bad flare

who knows....but the random pains and symptoms make me feel like I am crazy at times

Welcome, yep fibro comes and goes. Pain goes up and down. Sometimes just up.theres noting you can do.sometimes flares come and you never know the reason.you can't say weather one thing will tip you into a flare,you could have a really bad week and be fine. You could have a greatness week and go right into a flare.but on the whole upset is the best friend of a fibro flare x

I got diagnosed after a bad flare. One week I was playing soccer, the next week I could barely walk to the end of my drive way. I've recovered somewhat since then. I can walk for a couple miles now, but I sure don't play soccer any more.

It is important to get diagnosed, though. There are a number of conditions that have similar symptoms as fibro, and you want to make sure you are getting the right kind of treatment.

It is kind of important to know what you have, because simply, it helps you learn how to deal with it. I deal with fibro, sciatica, and small nerve neuropathy, and I've actually found that the more active I am, the better I deal with it. Honestly, I want to spend 4 of 7 days of the week in bed, but I don't. Instead I get up and do stuff, even if I don't want to - and it helps. I don't love it, and strangely the more active I am the more my friends and family think I've "gotten over it" but sometimes you need to figure out what works best for you. So basically now I find that while I would prefer to stay in bed on some days, it's to my benefit to go out and be with my friends and stuff just to deal with it because I do end up feeling better later.

Thanks for sharing the informative piece .It helped me a lot to know how does firbo is developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back