Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2016
Country
CA
State
AB
Though I was just diagnosed in October 2016, I realized I actually had the symptoms for nearly 30+ years when I was at the Pain Clinic and speaking with the Rheumatologist.

I have taken several programs and classes to deal with different aspects of my condition such as nutrition, Minding Stress workshops, and Chronic Pain Self-Management Program.

The Pain Clinic also recommended I do exercises which include swimming or aquacise. Though the swimming/aquacise helps with the pain while I am in the water, I have actually become considerably more hypersensitive to touch outside the water. Additionally, my fatigue has increased dramatically.

I do not want to give up swimming as the hour that I am in the water, I enjoy the freedom of movement and not having to feel the intense pain all over my body.

Because my pain is diffuse and I have had several bad reactions to different medications (including Gabapentin) prescribed, medication is no longer an option for my fribromyalgia.

Re: "Officially" diagnosed with Fibromyalgia

Welcome to the site.i do hope we can help you on your way.theres not a lot we can say about the pain.have you tired different mess.
Without gabbipintin and tramadol I would even get out of bed.and even thought I no these pills may end my life sooner then normal,I'd have to say I'd rather have some kind of life then none at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back