Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OK
"They" tried to diagnose me with fibromyalgia/CFS about five or six years ago and I denied that I had it. I slogged through those five years, surviving, not living. Now I have reached full circle and am ready to admit that either or both fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue account for my symptoms. I am, like most of you, devastated. I still find myself questioning the diagnosis, hoping that if I could just get enough sleep I will wake up and feel like myself again. I suffer from headache, fatigue, hypersensitivity to light and sound, tinnitus, Raynaud's, arthritis (not rheumatoid), body aches and pains, difficulty concentrating and focusing, memory issues, heart palpitations, and malaise. Ugh. What happened to my vigor and drive? I am altering some things to prevent my mild symptoms from becoming more severe, but I have to admit this has been pretty difficult. I hope to give and get some support here as it seems that not many people without the condition truly understands what it is like to live with this every day.

hi analyticknitter,

yeah, welcome to the club no one wants to belong to.
I, too, wonder what happened to the person I used to be. Always so energetic and so enthusiastic about any and everything.
In my case, that person is gone, I guess.

In your case, who knows. things can happen to change your circumstances at any time, but it is a very difficult thing to face realizing that you are no longer the person you once were, and you are not an old person and this "shouldn't" be happening to you. It is, indeed, devastating.

Usually others who have not experienced it do not understand, and you may find that new "friends" don't last and even old ones drift away.

Good that you came here, because we can support each other here, when it feels as though there's no support or understanding to be found anywhere else in the world.

Thank you, @sunkacola, I am so grateful for your response. I am sorry that your condition is so limiting. It is definitely "a club that no one wants to belong to". There are so many variables and so much to wrap my brain around that I feel like I am running in circles in my mind, or I'm crazy, or both.

Hello and welcome :)

This is a safe place where we do understand, and I am glad you find this forum. Its been an invaluable resource and source of comfort for me, and I hope it will be for you too.

I wish you all the best!

Thank you @wineisfine! It has been quite the roller coaster ride...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back