Not open for further replies.

Valery

Diagnosis
04/2005
Country
US
State
Fl
I started seeing a chiro. Wondering if anyone has had any relief from one.

I once went to see one, but this is a really risky thing. You really need to find a good one, I made the mistake of going to see one that didn't have all his papers in order. Man... did that hurt the next day! Fortunately I was very young back then... he must have done something really wrong, because the next day I woke up with a huge protuberance on my jaw! Some sort of gland was swollen, I guess. It went away after 3 days or so.

What I'm trying to say is... finding a good chiropractor isn't easy and you should never rush. You must also pay a lot attention to the guy's credentials!

I've gone to chiropractors for years and never had a bad experience. Get someone recommended, either online in your area or through a trusted friend. I see one currently, whom I love, and she helps align me and alleviates some of my pain due to FM.

You have to find one that knows about fibro. Can't do too much. I get a few adjustments. That's all takes me ten minutes.

I can't lie, I'm terrified of going to a chiropractor. I have respect for their profession, I'm just concerned given my health issues that I might be playing with fire. I have arthritis from trauma to my spine. I'm afraid a wrong move could seriously disable me.

That being the case, I am interested in what everyone else has to say. I've heard some great success stories from people who swear by their chiropractors.

For the record, a "good" chiropractor will NEVER adjust you without doing xrays first - to prevent injury, and to know the best way to treat/adjust you.

I won't see another chiropractor, mainly because I think doing so with the issues I have in my c-spine would be too dangerous for words.

While chiropractic manipulations can give temporary relief, I felt like I was volunteering as a crash test dummy. The thought of seeing one, now, makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

I have gone a number of times to see a chiropractor, every time I see one, my lower back pain becomes worse immediately after the session for like a day. Then for the next 3 or so week the pain reduces significantly. It some how helps for a while but so far It hasn't completely eradicated the pain. I don't go regularly so I can not say whether the pain can go away completely.

So far I can on;y say a chiropractor just helps to manage pain but not make it disappear, at least that is my experience.

For the record, a "good" chiropractor will NEVER adjust you without doing xrays first - to prevent injury, and to know the best way to treat/adjust you.

You're right, going to a chiropractor is a risky business! I made that mistake a while ago, and my back isn't the same ever since. I guess I stumbled upon a really bad one? They can't all be that bad? or can they?

I've only used a chiropractor, when I was at my absolutely worst and couldn't take the time to probably mend on my own. I was very skeptical about the results, but it did alleviate a lot of my pain. That said, I used it as a last resort and only went a few times in a couple of weeks. I know people who go for years and don't see much results.

I've been going to a Chiropractor for 5 years (2 different ones due to moving.) It has helped significantly! My spine was in the shape of an S, my neck was bent backwards 9º, I had TMJ issues, and walked funny. It took about a year of regular adjustments, but now my spine looks close to normal and my neck is much better. I gained soooooooo much energy and focus! My body could deal with allergies better, and I got sick so much less often.

However, in this past year (since all my pain and arthritis symptoms started) chiropractic care hasn't helped my fatigue issues. I always feel a little better after an adjustment, and they do give me temporary relief with the terrible stiffness I get in my joins, but I'm still tired all the time. It isn't helping with the pain as far as I know (who knows, maybe I'd be a lot worse if I hadn't been seeing a chiropractor?)

I highly recommend chiropractic care, though. Do it in conjunction with massage for the best results. And just so you know, both my chiropractors have been really careful to only adjust what needs it, and they don't over do it. If something doesn't want to move, they don't force it. It's always been very gentle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back