Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
UK
State
Yorkshire
Hi all, I'm new here and also newly diagnosed - or should I say ALMOST diagnosed. I'm waiting for a battery of tests to come back to confirm what my GP thinks about other possible issues but its looking 99.9% positive to be FM.
Whilst I certainly wouldn't choose to have FM it feels like a bit of a relief to have finally found someone who's prepared to listen to me and actually try to help. I have spent literally years visiting doctors and having rounds and rounds of tests and scans, all of which have come back with nothing. I have tried numerous medications in the hope that they will treat my issues but as the docs didn't know what they were actually treating they have been pretty useless. All the while I've remained in constant pain that's just been getting worse and worse as time's gone on. I've been made to feel like this is all in my head, that I'm making stuff up for attention or just plain moaning all the time.
I hope I can get some valuable information from you all on how you cope, what tips and tricks do you have to get through the difficult days and how do you keep yourselves from going under when you're having more of those than good days.
I know next to nothing about FM so any information and shared experiences would be hugely welcomed :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back