Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
Hello. This is my first post. I'll try to make it as short as possible. I should start off by saying that I suffer from hypochondria and anxiety.

Around the middle of October, I started to get really bad stomach pains that would wrap around to my lower back. I thought maybe it was because I was ovulating (which is possible). However, my period was 1 week late, which is VERY rare. The delayed period had my anxiety through the roof. The first week of November, I developed the most pain I've ever felt in my upper left back, under the shoulder blade. There have been times that it has had me in tears. It feels like something is crawling around under my skin. It burns, the pain is deep and it goes down to my shoulder and inside of my arm and wraps around to to the left side of my chest. It's definitely a stabbing pain. I'm able to sleep at night and feel better laying down in general. My armpit also feels sore. Sometimes the pain travels downward but it is mostly concentrated by my shoulder blade. It's burns and tingles as I sit here. I'm terrified that it's something worse than Fibro. Within the last week I've developed chest pain, shortness of breath and a slight cough. That has sent me over the edge. I'm scared to go to the doctor, but not knowing is driving me crazy. Could this be fibro? Thank you reading all of that!:?:

Your most concerning symptom is a period delay. While this may occur due to stress, you might want to check this by your doctor.

Pain in the left side of the chest, left shoulder blade radiating down the left arm can occur due to:
-- Trapped gas in the part of the large intestine that travels near the spleen (splenic flexure syndrome)
-- A stretch of the muscle on the side of the chest (serratus anterior muscle pain syndrome) caused by running or lifting heavy objects
-- Heart anxiety neurosis
-- Infection in the pelvic or abdominal cavity, which may irritate the diaphragm and cause pains you've described
-- Pericarditis (pain would be likely worse at night)
-- Angina pectoris or heart attack (rarely before 40 and rarely all of a sudden)

It's possible that all of your symptoms could be due to stress. If you are concerned, visit a doctor. Here's more causes of pain on the side of the body:

Link Not Allowed

Last edited by a moderator:
Your story sounds like I could've written it myself. I've had that shoulder/armpit stabbing pain for an entire year now and it's almost debilitating. I was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia this past week, so yes it could be. There are certain areas that my rheumatologist pressed on that were extremely tender and hurt like crazy, so if you notice that there are trigger points that also hurt you may have it. It also feels like I've been hit by a bus, and even walking takes so much energy and effort. I've had every test known to man, including mri's and blood work ups, but everything came back negative. I even had a spinal epidural last week to get rid of the pain but it didn't even touch it. I'm sorry you are experiencing this pain, but I do know the feeling. Literally. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back