Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
I went last week to see a new doctor. He x-rayed both my shoulders and my neck. He said the surgeon who did my surgery did an excellent job and he couldn't have done it any better. He said I have arthritis in my neck and shoulders. He thinks it's because I tend to slouch to much. He is starting me with physical therapy July 5th. But the good news is he gave me a prescription anti-inflammatory which has worked wonders. My right arm and shoulder almost never bother me any more unless I try to reach to high or twist it at a funny angle and my left shoulder (the one I had surgery on) is much improved. It still aches here and there but nothing like it used to. On a scale of 1-10 my pain has gone from around an 8 to around a 4. Needless to say this has made me a whole lot less *****y. I am so much more pleasant to be around. I even got to hang some curtains last night and I told my husband I will pay the price in the morning but nope it's all good today. I was also dreading having to watch my 7 year old granddaughter this week. I usually sleep till 10:00 and go to bed around midnight. Since she has been here I usually go to bed around 9:00 and get up around seven. Then I fix her breakfast and we watch TV or play games or just spend quiet time reading on our iPad. So far she has not given me any trouble and I haven't had trouble keeping up with her. At least for today life is good.

A Krista that's so good ...I am pleased for you.

What anti inflammatorys did he give you?

Great news Krista! I'm so glad you new doctor found something to help you.

What a blessing Krista! How great it is to be more a part of your own life with the decreased pain! Will the Dr. keep you on it?

Yaaaaaa , this just proves the importants of having a good dr.

He put me on Meloxacam (sp) and yes I have two refills. He will give me more after that if I still need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back