Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1995
Country
US
State
PA
Every time I come on the forum I look at the number of guests viewing our forum and think I wish more of them would join. Some may be old members who visit but just don't sign in anymore. Yesterday we had 450 guests and today the count was 398.

I sure wish more would come aboard and start sharing the things they know about fibro and how they manage with the pain and all other symptoms of fibro. So I thought I would give a shout out and friendly wave of my hand and say come on in the door is wide open and we would love the chance to make more new & old fibro friends. Don't be shy. Take a step forward and jump right in. :roll: 8)

Hi I am new to forums. I have fibro along with a huge laundry list of other things. I recently got diagnosed with vestibular migraines which is vertigo that comes instead of migraines (I have a long history of regular migraines). I know this probably sounds stupid but I was thrilled to actually have a medical test that someone can SEE. I'm SOOOO sick of going to the Dr. and them telling me I should feel just peachy. I'll be posting more later I am sure.

Welcome Feona68. Hope you come back and post some more. I used to have lots of severe pain migraines, now I get a migraine that involves visual disturbance is called an ocular migraine. ... During an ocular migraine, or migraine with aura, you may see flashing or shimmering lights, zigzagging lines, or stars.

My husband gets those ocular migraines sometimes. He couldn't figure out what it was because it didn't hurt. I just had a premonition or a feeling it was coming because I went to my doc like 2 days before it happened. Well all over now. Off to the neurologist. Trying to clean the house tomorrow at least a little and do laundry. One of the things that I am interested in is music. I play the mountain dulcimer (badly). I need to restring one string and I'm waiting for a part. I also sing quite a bit. Been singing since I was 3 or 4 and I'm an old lady now. I made and produced a CD about 15 years ago. Now I just sing on You Tube a few times. My voice was gone for about a year because of fibro (related asthma) but I got it back! Singing is very good for your lungs! I may cough offstage but I say "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" when singing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back