Using A Vegan and fruit diet to reduce the PAIN and the INFLAMMATION of fibromyalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael26Anderson

Reason
Caregiver
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
ID
I really think that a Vegan diet is the right way to go, it is alright to use medicines and supplements but I think it defeats the goal of yielding good results as far as reducing the pain levels , impact on fatigue , and the amount of inflammation which is another thing that causes pain. Eating a vegan and fruit diet is not hard and not expensive and I think Vegan food tastes greats I've totally learned to live without the meat, fried chicken, and crazy sugars from sodas.

Really? Have you been doing it for a long time? I have never looked into this, it may actually be pretty good for my friend with chronic pain. I'll link him here, could you update your post with more info on results?

While for some people the vegan diet does not fit their system requirements or because of many allergies it will not work, I agree that by giving up processed foods and soda, use of too much sugar, and eating lots of meats could improve the symptoms of fibro. We have talked about this in other posts and many people while not vegan, are more vegetarian and find there over-all health improving. In doing so I recommend limited or avoiding as much soy products as possible. If you have allergies to nuts or peanut butter, avoid soy.

Fresh organic fruits and vegetables, are always the healthy choice. Drinking lots of water and natural juices and even making your own teas can improve your health. Thanks to Micheal, for sharing this point of view. Often we need to tailor our diets due to likes and dislikes, and so any diet change is a lengthy process. Be kind to yourself and advice your doctors of your changes in your eating habits. :)

Ehhh... I don't think I can go vegan, vegetarian yeah, I can see myself doing that one day, but vegan is a completely different thing. I know there are many nice products that you can use as a replacement for meat in some recipes, but I'm not sure if consuming those highly processed vegan products is such a good idea. Plus this diet is so restrictive... nothing coming from animals! I love eggs and milk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back