Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2009
Country
US
State
NY
Hi I am Steph. I am 27 and currently live my parents. I have been diagnosed with fibro since 2009 but it has lingered with me for years. my life at times is unlivable. Since I was diagnosed I have been on many different medications and thats including Gabapentin. I did not do well with it and it made me gain 20 pounds that next summer. I am now on Lyrica and Tramadol. But I am unable to lose the weight because I am in to much pain to exercise. The Lyrica for me doesnt help to much. I can atleast say I can sleep at night. In the day I am always tired and feel like I am in a fog. I stumble over my words and at times stumble over my own feet. The pain is so bad it just moves from one inch to the next on my body. I also have painful joints including my back, knees and ankles. I was diagnosed with innerstitial cystitis as of last year and was prescribed Elmiron. Sadly this medication can take up to a year before I see a difference. So I am in so much pain from that also. I also have Overactive bladder. I also have Ibs(irritable bowel syndrome). Ibs and the bladder problems I can say for sure has ruined my life. I don't have any social life what so ever. And it has kept me from working or getting a job. I try hard to go on with my days. Its hard. I feel alone about this whole situation. As of yesterday I called in for an appeal for disability. I also talked to a lawyer and from my understanding I wasn't approved because I am not consistent with seeing all my doctors/physical therapy. And their consistent is saying I can't miss 3 or 6 months. Yet the other 9 or so months I am consistent with seeing all my doctors. They don't know what my days are like. I can't get out of my house because I constantly have to use the bathroom every 30 minutes. I don't have a car and its winter. What did they expect. I am frustrated with the whole process. Whats worse is that I have Cubital tunnel syndrome which is basically carpool tunnel but in the elbow. I sat here typing this and now I have shooting pain going up and down my arm

Hi Hun, well I had over active bladder for a few years.its the pits, I had tests pills the lots. But the only thing that cleared it was the stress I was under at the time.i was living away from the uk and the sheer stress of it all started it off.i was on oxiburtin.and one other thing that really helped was eating food that wasn't full of salt.that meant no tinned foods packet foods bread. That really helped so much. Yes it's not a easy diet but when u hurt that much it's worth it.x

Hi Hun, well I had over active bladder for a few years.its the pits, I had tests pills the lots. But the only thing that cleared it was the stress I was under at the time.i was living away from the uk and the sheer stress of it all started it off.i was on oxiburtin.and one other thing that really helped was eating food that wasn't full of salt.that meant no tinned foods packet foods bread. That really helped so much. Yes it's not a easy diet but when u hurt that much it's worth it.x

Yeah I have been on so many things also. I am on oxybutinin as well. I got back on it 3 weeks ago. I thought it would help with the elmiron. It is helping a bit. I had to change my diet 2 years ago as I was haveing problems digesting milk and milk products. Cutting out sugar I can say wasn't my favorite. But I can say I feel better and feel better knowing I don't steer toward overly processed foods anymore. I avoid anything with extra salt also. Salty things seems to bother me the most Ive noticed. So no more sports drinks.

I do have another problem. I have noticed over time that it has caused me problems with even being around people. I am socially awkward and have social anxiety. I don't feel comfortable being around or near people. I decided I needed to take a chance and join a forum to get answers. I don't want to live this way anymore. I know I have Fibro and that it will never go away. But saying it will get better is easier said then done. Its hard to just pick it back up when for me it never really even started. I am hoping 2015 will be kinder to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back