Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Lyme
Hi everyone.

Yes, I'm new, but my pain is not, UGH. I said a very special prayer for all of you. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia 85,000 times :oops:, however, as my screen name reads, I was tested, and it came back "Active Lyme Disease". I was first diagnosed with Lyme in 2010, then after a very long journey, diagnosed with Lyme in 2012 and then again in 2014. I have received the medical standard 28 day treatment.

Currently, I didn't think it was possible but my pain level is higher and so debilitating.

My pain, is in my spine, horrifically, and my joints.

I just wanted to share from the heart, about my thoughts on fibromyalgia. To my knowledge there is not currently any test for fibromyalgia, it is a rule out disease. Meaning, everything else should be ruled out, before a diagnosed of fibromyalgia is given, to the poor patient in so much pain. It has been my experience, sadly, it is the first word, that has been said to me, prior to any testing.

So, how has fibromyalgia effected me? It has crippled me, from having a clear path to attempt to get on the road to recovery.

I wonder how all of you feel about what I shared above. Please know, I know, your pain is REAL. I just get so frightened, when the first diagnosed is fibromyalgia. It actually saddens me.

I will continue to keep all of you in my thoughts, and I am so interested in learning about fibromyalgia, as well as all of your journeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back