Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
Oklahoma
Hi my name is Ben. I am thirty two years old. I just found out a few months ago that i have fibromyalgia. Here's a little bit about my back ground and how i found out i have it.

I met my wife back in 2011. We we're married on May 5th 2012. About a month after we got married my wife had a bi polar attack and had to be put in the hospital for two weeks. During that time i start going through a real bad struggle. When she got out i had a nerves break down. Fast foward to March of 2013 we found my mom has Dementa and start having mini strokes. She ended up having to move in with us. During that time i begin to show a lot more signs of having moments of complete break downs and deppression real bad. There was a few times i almost wanted to kill my self. My mom and wife we're both going to a place called ACT for recovering and cousling services. I try to go but because of my insurance i could not afford to go. I had been working at my retail job over over 11 years during that time.

I had to lose my insurance cause it was the only way i could go to Act. I ended up having another break down during the same time that summer. We start noticing a pattern when i had my break downs.

Fast forward to last summer my wife and i both started seeing the same psychiatrist. By then i was only working part time cause that was all i could handle. I was having more and more deppression spells. One day my wife and i wrote down all the signs i was having and we gave it to him. He gave me a test to take home that was out pain. I ended up failing it real bad. One of the biggest signs was not just my deppression but i had real bad anxiety and i sleep all the time and had no energy and often my skin felt like it was being ripped off my flesh. My legs always hurt and i always felt like i had the flu bug.

A few hours after finding out what i had i was at work and i had a full blown attack. It started off around six at night and it started first with feeling like someone had hit my back with a hard bat. I felt like i was going to throw up. I so i went to sit down. It started to clam it self down so i got back up to work. About thirty mintues later it hit me again this time it also went up my arms and legs. It felt as if i had just gotten hit in a car wreck plus had been working out real bad. I could barley talk as well. My wife had to come and get me. A few days later i had another real bad attack while i was pushing in karts. My boss had informed me by then that i had two choices. Ether work and just get ten hours a week or leave. That was my finally day working. It was early August of last year. Just a few days short of my 13 year at work.

During that time i have had a lot of attacks. Some of my attacks have gotten so bad that i have spasm and the only way i can now get to sleep at night is when i take musle relaxer. I take one during the day at 400mg and one at night before i go to bed and that one is 800mg.

I have real bad brain fog. i used to be able to write movie scripts and now i can't think anymore i have to have my wife do everything cause the smallest thing sets it off and i not only get real confussed but i get real deppressed as well. I also often feel like my body is on fire and i have a sun burn all over my body.

I know am on obama care and will be goign to see my doctor early next month. We are trying to get me on S.S. I used to be on it as a teenager. I have a lot learning problems and health issues besides fibro. I was in the specel ed classes in school.

I am on another board but i am glad to come across this page as well. I want to be able to talk to others who understand what i am going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back