Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
ID
This is my first post. Woohoo! ;) I have Crohns disease & since my last surgery 2 yrs ago I've been going downhill. It was a long recovery of 6 wks and then I got bronchitis. Since then I have daily aches, exhaustion, recently started migraines with aura, stiff neck, sore neck, and hip pain. My constant ache sometimes wakes me up. It's hard for me to get to sleep. Once I'm asleep I could sleep for 14, 15 hrs if given the chance. It hurts to not move, too. It's just always there. Mostly in my upper arms, shoulders, neck. My internist did blood work a few wks ago. I'm low on iron so I'm taking pills for it. I also have hair loss. That could be from the anemia/low iron. I have a bald spot about 2" x 2" but my hair covers it. I literally wince if approached for a hug from my 6yr old and husband. My internist also wants me to see an ENT because there's either a lymph node or salivary gland that's enlarged under my jaw on the right. I have not been formally diagnosed. Thoughts? Do you think it could be fibro?

justanotherdana, welcome! Yet I am sorry you have had to come here. I wish we were all well and led "normal" healthy lives. This board is super and people are very willing to share.

I haven't been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but I have been referred to a rheumatologist for the possibility of fibromyalgia. The catch is this doctor doesn't treat fibromyalgia if that is my diagnosis. It could be arthritis or who knows what else. If muscle aches and burning sensations go along with arthritis, I will be surprised but glad for answers that can be treated.

I wish I could give you the answers you are seeking, but I can't. I did want to reply to your post and say hello! I hope your doctors can find out what is wrong and get you feeling better real soon. I want your 6 year old and husband to be able to hug you without pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back