Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MD
This past weekend, it suddenly hit me. Intense/severe constant pain in my upper right abdomen. Since I am 22 weeks pregnant, I freak out not knowing if something is happening to baby. I go to the doctors on Friday and find it is just round ligament pain (Ligament - kind of like a rubber band that goes around your uterus, it grows as your baby grows). Okay, so I take Tylenol and rest. But then I woke up Saturday morning and was in such severe pain that I couldn't move nor breath. It couldn't just be ligament pain, it had to be something more serious. So I go to hospital to get tests done and find that there is nothing wrong with gallbladder or appendix or anything else, so it must just be my ligament. I was crest fallen as I was in constant severe pain (on a scale, pain was 8), but couldn't do anything about it but just wait. Most people don't have this severe pain unless something more serious such as vomiting and bleeding. My husband then made a good point that maybe it is my Fibro that is causing this to be more painful then it normally is. hmmmm, it didn't really occur to me before the connection between the two (probably because I had been in constant pain for 2 days straight and couldn't think at all).

Anyone else experience round ligament pain in 2nd pregnancy in 2nd trimester and had it worse then it should be??

After 4 days, I am finally able to walk again today and I made it into work. I was completely helpless for 3 days. My wonderful husband stepped up and took care of me through it all. Although, I have not slept for more then 4 hours consecutively over 4 days, I am utterly exhausted. I have a cold that is causing me to cough a ton, but it is so painful to cough because it causes my ligament and stomach/hip muscles to stretch. I cannot wait to get my old self back and be able to do the simple tasks I normally do such as cook/clean, laundry, and esp of all, hold and take care of my cute 8 month old. It has only been 4 days and i really miss holding and playing with my 8 month old daughter. She makes me happy. She reminds me that it is worth going through this ligament pain for a week for another little blessing. And BTW, not sure if you remember my last post, but....I am having another little girl! Very happy with that, they will be close in age and hopefully good friends :)

Hiya. I hope your pain is starting to ease, fibro seems to magnify the level of pain we experience. I remember having the same thing with my 1st pregnancy (I hadn't been diagnosed with fibro then) but the pain was unbearable and after being in hospital all day I was discharged & told it was just muscular pain. That's great news you're having another girl. I have 2 girls with 2 years between them & they fight constantly but if you tell one of them off for something the other one sticks up for her sister lol. I think they will be quite close in years to come, they're just so different.

The more baby's you have the sooner the pains start.pls don't worry.i was having Brakson hics at 18 weeks.ive had four children.it really is not uncommon sweetie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back