Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
GA
I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia few years ago. My doctor told me to take Savella, that didn't help me at all. So the doctor prescribed Lyrica, and that didn't help me either, I got sick from taking that medication. The last thing he told me to take was cymbalta 60 mg, once daily, and it worked better than the other two. So, I have been on cymbalta for few years. But about a month ago I stopped cymbalta cold turkey.(I know its a bad idea to cold turkey) it is not helping me anymore. After stop taking cymbalta, I was fine for few days, but now I am having serious knee pain. I still had knee pain while I was on cymbalta but After stopping it, it's making the pain worse. I had hard time sleeping while taking the medication but after stopping cymbalta, I don't have any sleep problems. But I am depressed.
My question is, should I take cymbalta again for the knee pain? I asked the doctor but no help.
Thank you in advance.

What did you ask the Dr.? What did he or she say?

Hi Mickey's Mom,

I was on cymbalta 60mg for 1.5 yrs and went off of it without consulting a doc (obviously not recommended). I wrote about it in more detail in this forum if you want to search for that thread. I experienced major withdrawal symptoms after ceasing cymbalta, like flare up of pain, major fatigue, brain zaps, and depression. It was intense. I never had fibro symptoms flare up that badly. Apparently some of these withdrawal symptoms can last weeks to even several months. I think if you're looking for relief in just knee pain, you might want to ask a doc for something more specific to that pain than cymbalta which comes with a menu of side effects. Another thing to consider is if you go back on cymbalta and decide to stop again, you may have to go through withdrawal again. Ofcourse, I'm not a professional and can't advise either way, but I hope you find a competent doctor that can give you more helpful advice than the one you currently have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back